In Hell

I think he was screaming like a maniac because he was in rage. He was about to die and just mentally snapped in to an animalistic survival mode.

They also tried to show what that kind of treatment builds by implementing his solitary neighbor who knocks on the walls and moans into the story...throughout the movie he slowly begins to turn into that same guy himself..

However, they showed that humanity can overcome when he knocked on the wall as the maniac was beating his ass...The maniac realizes it was him, and leaves him alone..Why? Because VD talked to him through the walls (by knocking)...In essence, spent time with him, let him know he wasnt alone down there...shared his pain.

I agree with Quincy

If I rent this, and it's not worth it, I am going to hold you all responsible for the two hours or so of my life gone, gone, gone forever...

"However, they showed that humanity can overcome when he knocked on the wall as the maniac was beating his ass...The maniac realizes it was him, and leaves him alone..Why? Because VD talked to him through the walls (by knocking)...In essence, spent time with him, let him know he wasnt alone down there...shared his pain"

Oh I was wondering what that was about. That huge mute guy in the leather mask was him I get it now. That is why he did not kick his ass at the end.

MM and Bad brad are correct.

I saw a nice kesa gatame with ude garami

Van Dame tries for a Juji and fails because he wasn't tight enough. Because of this he gets picked up and slammed. After the slam he is able to roll his opponent into the kesa and get a submission.

About the biting part...I remember in a longstreet with Bruce Lee in it. When he shows his blind student about MA, he has him in a guilltoine or cradle of soem sorts. Bruce said, "when you survive what do you do?" blind guy says, "Pray...I don't know"

Bruce repplies, "BITE! Are we not animals? Biting is good for close quarter combat but don't make a plan of it. It is good way to lose your teeth."

"Biting is good for close quarter combat but don't make a plan of it. It is good way to lose your teeth."

The genius of those two sentences together covers an entire philosophy on how to train bites...Bruce had a way with words.