In honor of Julio Ceasar Chavez

I am glad to see him get indicted into the boxing hall of fame...the greatest boxing fight I ever remember seeing was JC and Meldrick Taylor...

He was a fuggin killer....what do you guys think of a prime Chavez vs Pacman??

Man I would have loved to see that....

Chavez would take it.

I know...both guys are relentless and never gassed....both tough as nails.....it just seemed like Chavez ALWAYS wore people down....

louden swain - I am glad to see him get indicted into the boxing hall of fame

given boxing's shady past, its probably more appropriate that individuals are indicted - and not inducted - into the sport's hall of fame.

Love me some Chavez...The fact that he won the fight against Taylor still saddens me a bit...Taylor lost his career that night and deserved two more seconds...Not really Julio's fault though, still sad as fuck. Phone Post

I still think his fight with Camacho was the best. Camacho ran his mouth for MONTHS before that fight and at one of the conferences before the fight Chavez said he did not want to knock him out but punish him the entire fight. He beat Camacho fucking UGLY in that fight.

Agreed... I was rooting for Taylor......I actually used to hate Chavez because he used to beat the shit out of everyone I liked...but I grew to love him and the way he fought....

louden swain - Agreed... I was rooting for Taylor......I actually used to hate Chavez because he used to beat the shit out of everyone I liked...but I grew to love him and the way he fought....

word, I watched every Chavez event and always rooted against him. I was thrilled when Randall finally beat him. but now I look back and he is one of my all time favorite fighters and I have nothing but good feelings for him.. I kinda feel the same way about Prince Naseem, didnt like him at the time, now he's one of my favorites.

Chavez would have stalked Manny till he caught up with him, Manny's hooks would have bounced off Chavez' hard head while Chavez combination straight rights and left hooks to the body would have slowed Manny down for a late round ref stoppage.

That's kind of how I would see it...Chavez used to do so much damage that in the later rounds he would finish them...manny speed is something else though....he must have hit so hard for a small guy....I would probably choose Chavez.....

What he did for migrant workers was very selfless of him. Phone Post

wrong chavez,lol

ttt chavez tru roid free greatness

Legendary fighter , id take Chavez over Pac ...be a hell of a fight though.....but I lost alot of admiration for him when his decline started , he didnt accept the end gracefully at all ......he quit on the stool in one fight which aint no shame in itself , but got mad at the reporters and said he didnt and shoved one of them ....even while the video clearly shows he did ....it was just sad to see one of my heros act like that

I like JCC over Pac. The younger Pac wouldn't be well rounded enough to keep Chavez at bay and the older Manny is too hitable to deal with a guy like JCC. I like Chavez by KO in the late rounds after his shots slow Manny down and he really starts to turn it up

That's exactly right...he was a machine..no matter what he got hit with he kept coming with fury...I just think he's too tough...would have put too much pressure on manny in the later rounds...he beat everyone in their prime....

11'ers Gotta 10. 

no way chavez stops the pacman...
they would trade without running...no way chavez can withstand that beating...

Richard Steele - Don King - JCC > Meldrick Taylor....

Chavez is a real legend and it's great he's in the HOF now.

Manny would have handled JCC no doubt.