In honor of Julio Ceasar Chavez

Imagine Juan Manuel Marquez who gave Manny Fits, with a better chin, and a better punch. And tell me again how Manny would beat Chavez.

“ Age and time beat Chavez. You could've hit Chavez with a hammer on the chin and he wouldn't even flinch, which is why I have a hard time imagining any of today's boxers beating him. "

I realize this is all theory and conjecture. But let's be realistic. Prime Chavez was simply a more better rounded fighter than Manny. Despite him beating all the Mexican greats in his weight class, I am a big Manny fan.

Ron Simpson - 
lueng jon - Imagine Juan Manuel Marquez who gave Manny Fits, with a better chin, and a better punch. And tell me again how Manny would beat Chavez.

OK, MANNY ONE STRAIGHT LEFT TO CHAVEZ'S CHIN..ONE AND DONE!!!
Chavez wasn't stopped until he was a husk of himself against ODH.  Wasn't dropped for 80 + fights.  As quick as Manny is, he still gets hit alot. Chavez would have bludgeoned Manny.

"Matas el cuerpo y cai la cabesa."

- Chavez

Kill the body and the head will fall.

No one attacked the body better than chavez and he is top 5 of all time. Power, technique, speed, chin, gas tank, heart and always kept coming forward which never lead to a boring fight.

good luck finding appreciation for a roid-free athlete in the UG

lueng jon - Imagine Juan Manuel Marquez who gave Manny Fits, with a better chin, and a better punch. And tell me again how Manny would beat Chavez.

“ Age and time beat Chavez. You could've hit Chavez with a hammer on the chin and he wouldn't even flinch, which is why I have a hard time imagining any of today's boxers beating him. "

TRUTH!

louden swain - I am glad to see him get indicted into the boxing hall of fame...the greatest boxing fight I ever remember seeing was JC and Meldrick Taylor...

He was a fuggin killer....what do you guys think of a prime Chavez vs Pacman??

Man I would have loved to see that....

Shit what was he indicted for?  Killing?  Also Pac would MDK JCC, not to take anything away from Chavez who was a stud and deserving of an HOF induction.

That's not a good comparison. Chavez was straight forward, relentless pressure breaking guys down.

Marquez is a counter puncher, and that's what gave Manny fits. When he came out aggressive in the first round of the first fight vs Pac he got killed.

Not saying Chavez would get killed if he was aggressive, just saying it's a bad comparison. They're both Mexican warriors, but style wise they are quite different.

Manny would beat the snot out of Chavez..........

Manny would beat the snot out of Chavez? LOl, next thing you know, the Pactards will be saying Manny would KO Pernell Whitaker, or outbox Tommy Hearns.

People are forgetting how good Chavez actually was 1985 - 1993 or so.

This isn't even a debate, Chavez wasn't human the guy was a fucking relentless monster. He would of destroyed manny EASY.

Chavez was amazing. I always heard a car scan revealed that he had an abnormally thick skull which is why he was virtually impossible to drop.

KingOfFighters - This isn't even a debate, Chavez wasn't human the guy was a fucking relentless monster. He would of destroyed manny EASY

We may never agree about football, but you're 100% right about this one

U guys think that pac can ko anyone with one shot .. remember hes beating on bigger slower guys ..
most of his fights against quicker same size guys went 12 rounds or ended late (barrera 1 and 2 , morales 1, 2, jmm 1,2 )
not saying hes isnt all time great .. I just think his punching power is a bit deceiving because the opposition he has fought lately is tailor made for him .. but still impressive.. that being said chavez pac would still be amazing war with chavez winning late..

Prime Chavez over Pac.. AND oscar :)

Many people have forgotten how relentless Chavez was. We see manny today put a lot of pressure and pace and no doubt he is a machine...but like someone else mentioned, Chavez put more pressure, hit a lot harder, murdered the body, and had an iron chin for all 15 rds.

He was literally unstoppable in his prime....

I couldn't imagine what a prime Chavez would have done to a 40 year old Shane mosley....manny couldn't put him away and I would think Chavez would have stopped him inside 7 rds....