In spirit of deal making, Constitutional Rights...

So in our era of Trump deal-making, I just thought about a deal and wondered how it would pan out. It seems rather obvious...what are the 2 biggest hot button issues in America that generally fall on opposing sides of the isle?

Guns and abortion.

So then, I wonder how strong people's convictions are. And actually, if they falter, that's actually good, because it illustrates for them that other people's beliefs and rights are as important as their own.

And so here is the deal...

You get to keep abortion, and we get to keep all our guns. Or CONVERSELY, you can have your total gun ban, but abortions will also be banned. You get to choose.

So what will you take?

There are a lot of anti-gun people here so I wanna see how they'll choose.

Keep guns and keep abortions are my default belief from the start.

Not a difficult choice at all, keep both.

But I don't think a total gun ban is what democrats are going for to begin with, so it's not a great question.

what about the rights of the unborn children?

How about i keep my guns and we post-birth abort the abortionists....WIN/WIN

anthonyMI -

But I don't think a total gun ban is what democrats are going for to begin with, so it's not a great question.

If you are blind to the fact that the left is trying to ban all guns incrementally, you are beyond help.

Keep them both!

What about the gun rights of unborn children! Pffft!

Moke -
anthonyMI -

If you are blind to the fact that the left is trying to ban all guns incrementally, you are beyond help.

There are many countries far further to the Left than America will ever be that have yet to all guns.

And it isn't even an opinion I run into very often. So it would have to be a massive, multigenerational plot involving tens of millions of people who are so secretive that they won't even bring it up to each other.

If everyone who doesn't line up with your extreme opinion on things is "beyond help," you must live in a very hostile world.

VectorWega -

I'd like to see a new amendment created to ban religion.

Alright edgelord Mao. 

anthonyMI -
Moke -
anthonyMI -

There are many countries far further to the Left than America will ever be that have yet to all guns.

And it isn't even an opinion I run into very often. So it would have to be a massive, multigenerational plot involving tens of millions of people who are so secretive that they won't even bring it up to each other.

If everyone who doesn't line up with your extreme opinion on things is "beyond help," you must live in a very hostile world.

So you don't agree that the strategy has been incrementalism? They even tried to ban ammo a few years back. And assault weapons, there's no such thing outside of the military, so why do they keep using the term? Limit guns, limit magazines, limit ammo, it's all a nonstop incremental march to zero. Or do you see them achieving banning only AR's (for example) and then being forever happy after that, never calling for any further bans?

Moke -
anthonyMI -

Trump said this:

"Obama Administration legalized bump stocks. BAD IDEA. As I promised, today the Department of Justice will issue the rule banning BUMP STOCKS with a mandated comment period. We will BAN all devices that turn legal weapons into illegal machine guns."

Is Trump on the left? Because there's your first increment. 

Moke - 
anthonyMI -

this is ironic.

Flavorful - 
Moke -
anthonyMI -

Trump said this:

"Obama Administration legalized bump stocks. BAD IDEA. As I promised, today the Department of Justice will issue the rule banning BUMP STOCKS with a mandated comment period. We will BAN all devices that turn legal weapons into illegal machine guns."

Is Trump on the left? Because there's your first increment. 

Yes, he is on the left.

lol you freaks never disappoint. So much diarrhea and never answering the question. Can we keep all guns, stop restrictions magazines etc., and keep abortion, or ban both? Than means no more gun bans of any kind from this day forward. Yes or no. It's a simple question.

I can't remember anyone talking about abortion politically for over 30 years, when I was a kid in a nutball independent Baptist cult. Where is a "hot-button issue"? Are you posting from a Catholic church in Ireland?

VectorWega -

I'd like to see a new amendment created to ban religion.

This would be great, but for OP, keep both. Guns/abortion are boring topics imo. 

you can have abortions but the doctor has to use a gun to abort the child

Moke - lol you freaks never disappoint. So much diarrhea and never answering the question. Can we keep all guns, stop restrictions magazines etc., and keep abortion, or ban both? Than means no more gun bans of any kind from this day forward. Yes or no. It's a simple question.

Don't cuck on us now OP. You just claimed that the "left" was taking our gun rights away incrementally. But Obama incrementally moved gun rights the other way by allowing bump stocks. Now Trump (your guy, GOP, on the right) is incrementally taking away our gun rights by banning bump stocks (and possibly allowing confiscation without due process). 

How much of a cuck do you have to be not to be able to admit that?

Someone posed this same scenario not long ago. 

We keep both, but the pro-gun folks have to abort infants up to 3 months out of the womb with an AR-15 on request.