In think Chad with a full camp gets beat still

I think even with a full camp Conor beats Mendes. To much power and reach for Chad. Was inevitable Chad would eventually get knocked out. What's your thoughts? Phone Post 3.0

with all due respect, I disagree.

conor was landing good shots, but it was apparent that he started landing even more after mendes gassed about 2 minutes in... I was impressed with conor's chin and resolve, but I would honestly bet a healthy amount of money on mendes if they ever rematched(full training camps of course).

Yep. He was winded from body shots by the end of the first. A full camp wouldn't prevent that. Maybe he lasts a round or so longer with a bit better conditioning but he was getting taken out with strikes one way or the other. Conor just inflicts too much damage in a short amount of time for him to last the whole fight. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with you Bobby, because Mendes hasn't been a "hold em down" type fighter in a very long time and I don't think he's got the gas tank to do it. Frankie on the other hand would be a better type fighter to test McGregor like that. Not that McGregor needs anymore tests he's legit Phone Post 3.0

whooleeo - with all due respect, I disagree.

conor was landing good shots, but it was apparent that he started landing even more after mendes gassed about 2 minutes in... I was impressed with conor's chin and resolve, but I would honestly bet a healthy amount of money on mendes if they ever rematched(full training camps of course).
What would change though? He would eventually get hit at some point in the fight and slow down. Team Alpha male fighters stay fit all year round. Sure there are fitness levels but stylistically I still see Conor coming on strong later rounds. Phone Post 3.0

Ghost208 - I agree with you Bobby, because Mendes hasn't been a "hold em down" type fighter in a very long time and I don't think he's got the gas tank to do it. Frankie on the other hand would be a better type fighter to test McGregor like that. Not that McGregor needs anymore tests he's legit Phone Post 3.0
Frankie Edgar is a whole new ball game for sure. That will be a fun fight to watch. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed. Phone Post 3.0

Didn't you have a nice driving date with Conor?

Side pieces aren't usually unbiased Phone Post 3.0

Mendes also landed heavy shots standing with a one sided ground advantage. Mendes went for a submission and Conor capitalized on his mistake. Hardly the domination that people are saying happened. Not sure how anyone can say definitively that Conor would beat a full-camp Mendes. Phone Post 3.0

Bobby Razak - 
whooleeo - with all due respect, I disagree.

What would change though? He would eventually get hit at some point in the fight and slow down. Team Alpha male fighters stay fit all year round. Sure there are fitness levels but stylistically I still see Conor coming on strong later rounds. Phone Post 3.0

just because someone stays 'in shape' year round, doesn't mean that they are in fight shape. most of the time, it means that they don't go full on ricky hatton or johnny hendricks between fights.

its not like mendes trains as if he were in camp year round... if that were the case, he would literally be injured year round as well. think about it; people get injured in camp all the time. now imagine if they trained like they were in camp all year long.

on the fight, conor was landing some good body shots and punches up top, but mendes matched him in terms of quality shots. not only that, he also took him down and worked him on the ground.. in the second round, mendes literally had conor on his back and worked him for virtually the entire round.. keep in mind that mendes was already gassed...

I firmly believe that if mendes had a full camp, he could have kept on doing what he was doing for the entire fight... nothing would have changed aside from the fact that mendes would have been able to move better for a longer period of time..

Im just still puzzled as to how people can think that mendes coming in on 2 weeks has NOTHING to do with im gassing half a round in....

Thing is i dont think Chad can put him away he would have to take him down for all 5 rounds and keep him there, Conor only needs 1 shot. Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't say it didn't have anything to do with it but I rewatched the fight today and Mendes took more body shots than I remembered. I'm sure they will fight again down the line and we will have an answer. Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - Didn't you have a nice driving date with Conor?

Side pieces aren't usually unbiased Phone Post 3.0
Ha ha lol just being an observer Phone Post 3.0

The only difference is instead of ending in the 2nd it would end in the 3rd. Conors just too much for Chad.

How about a full camp for Conor to prepare for a wrestler? Would that make a difference? Phone Post 3.0

chadp - How about a full camp for Conor to prepare for a wrestler? Would that make a difference? Phone Post 3.0

And without apparently a jacked knee.

Agreed - he excelled in the area he was supposed to dominate, but he wasn't able to finish. A full camp wouldn't make McGregor any less accurate with his strikes. Would Chad have been in even better shape than he was? Maybe, but Team Alpha Male members are pretty brash about always being in shape, and regardless of how good your cardio is, multiple well-placed body shots will zap that every time.

Joe Rogans Spinning Back Kick - The only difference is instead of ending in the 2nd it would end in the 3rd. Conors just too much for Chad.

agreed

One thing I don't believe a full camp would have prepared Chad for is the hype of the event and Conor's trash-talk/pressure early on.

It looked like Chad got immediately caught up in it and turned into a punching dummy for the first 3 minutes or so, before he got his head straight and started to fight back.

If the same thing happened after a full training camp, the rest of the fight may have looked like Bader/OSP. Where Bader wins a close fight via grappling control, but you have the feeling that OSP could have knocked him out at any anytime.

I also believe Chad went for the submissions, b/c he knew didn't have the cardio to go 5 rounds. That's from a combination of damage and not having a full-tank of gas to begin with.

Aldo has to know that the first 3 minutes will basically decide the fight.

He can use that as a selling point if/when he gets another shot at McGregor.