In think Chad with a full camp gets beat still

Bobby Razak - 
whooleeo - with all due respect, I disagree.

conor was landing good shots, but it was apparent that he started landing even more after mendes gassed about 2 minutes in... I was impressed with conor's chin and resolve, but I would honestly bet a healthy amount of money on mendes if they ever rematched(full training camps of course).
What would change though? He would eventually get hit at some point in the fight and slow down. Team Alpha male fighters stay fit all year round. Sure there are fitness levels but stylistically I still see Conor coming on strong later rounds. Phone Post 3.0

I thought the same as well.

But let's say both prepared for a full camp for each other. What can we speculate? Would McGregor have still gone for the body shots? I'm assuming he knew that a twelve week Mendes wouldn't have as much of a gas tank as a full camp Mendes. Would McGregor instead work on preparing for take downs?

Mendes I'm sure would have still focused on take downs and probably more striking defense. Maybe with more cardio his top game could have been more brutal. We don't know.

We're not going to know. I feel like these two may see each other again at some point. And I'd love to see it.

whooleeo -
Bobby Razak - 
whooleeo - with all due respect, I disagree.

conor was landing good shots, but it was apparent that he started landing even more after mendes gassed about 2 minutes in... I was impressed with conor's chin and resolve, but I would honestly bet a healthy amount of money on mendes if they ever rematched(full training camps of course).
What would change though? He would eventually get hit at some point in the fight and slow down. Team Alpha male fighters stay fit all year round. Sure there are fitness levels but stylistically I still see Conor coming on strong later rounds. Phone Post 3.0

just because someone stays 'in shape' year round, doesn't mean that they are in fight shape. most of the time, it means that they don't go full on ricky hatton or johnny hendricks between fights.

its not like mendes trains as if he were in camp year round... if that were the case, he would literally be injured year round as well. think about it; people get injured in camp all the time. now imagine if they trained like they were in camp all year long.

on the fight, conor was landing some good body shots and punches up top, but mendes matched him in terms of quality shots. not only that, he also took him down and worked him on the ground.. in the second round, mendes literally had conor on his back and worked him for virtually the entire round.. keep in mind that mendes was already gassed...

I firmly believe that if mendes had a full camp, he could have kept on doing what he was doing for the entire fight... nothing would have changed aside from the fact that mendes would have been able to move better for a longer period of time..

Im just still puzzled as to how people can think that mendes coming in on 2 weeks has NOTHING to do with im gassing half a round in....
Mendez said a few months out that he was training as if also was to pull out. So he could be ready. Phone Post 3.0

Aldo Phone Post 3.0

Training for a fight is all about peaking ... You can't peak for a fight in two weeks.. Not possible Phone Post 3.0