In what ways are you privileged?

I've been trying to fight his concept of white privilege, but fuck it, it's not going anywhere. Maybe white people should concede defeat and admit we are privileged. 

Anyway it got me thinking, in what ways other than race are you privileged (AKA Superior) to other people? 

Are you male? Are you over 6 feet tall? Are you exceptionally good looking? Do you have highly desired blue eyes? Do you have an OG sized hog? Do you have 160 IQ? Do you have the body of a greek god? Were you born into wealth? Were you raised in a 2 parent household? Do you have perfect teeth? Are you over 40 and not balding? Were you born with perfect vision? Can you knock out Mark Hunt with a jab?

1 Like

You can't have the body of a Greek God AND have an OG sized hog.

Greek Gods are always portrayed as having small pee pees, as having a large one meant you were a savage.

1 Like

I am white and was taught to respect my elders and the police.

2 Likes

rubbermonkey -

I am white and was tought to respect my elders and the police.

You were probably rasied by both parents as well, weren't ya? You priveleged craka ass cracka!

1 Like

Never got shit for being white.... but I do have tall privilege. Many many a wimins have overlooked you manlets and went right for my safe, lanky goodness. 

I'm over 40 and both my birth parents are still married to each other. 

I am a junior with a traditional name that doesn't suggest my parents were idiots who thought they were clever. 

I lived most of my childhood as an ethnic minority in America. 

I lived in a place where bigotry was counterproductive to success and discrimination wasn't.

I learned to speak english without a distinct regional accent.  

2 Likes

I remember growing up and getting a sense of the rest of the world and all the races, cultures out there. And I remember thinking 'I can't believe I am so lucky to be born a white American'

I recognized even at a very young age that my position was better than almost any other race or nationality on the planet. Is that privilege? Or luck?

"Maybe white people should concede defeat and admit we are privileged."

No and no.

2 Likes

holly9000 -

I remember growing up and getting a sense of the rest of the world and all the races, cultures out there. And I remember thinking 'I can't believe I am so lucky to be born a white American'

I recognized even at a very young age that my position was better than almost any other race or nationality on the planet. Is that privilege? Or luck?

I remember growing up and getting a sense of the rest of the world and all the races, cultures out there. And I remember thinking 'I can't believe I am so lucky to be born an American'

Fixed it for ya.

1 Like

I mean I got Internet.

1 Like

Wiggy - 

"Maybe white people should concede defeat and admit we are privileged."

No and no.

Al Cappucino -
holly9000 -

I remember growing up and getting a sense of the rest of the world and all the races, cultures out there. And I remember thinking 'I can't believe I am so lucky to be born an American'

Fixed it for ya.

It’s like people think that if you white then you some how are impervious to the plights that anyone else suffers.

That’s just believing in “white supremacy”. That is what “white privilege” is; it’s white supremacy.

It’s racist beliefs.

I just realized how underprivileged I am... I am none of those things fml

I grew up with two educated hard working parents that sacrificed to ensure I would be successful. They taught me the value of education, which in turn lead me to college. I was able to get financial aid in the form of loans to pay for college. Once out of college, I was able to find a job based off the need in the field. I worked hard and gained respect of my bosses and coworkers based of the quality of my work and my results. 

Police ignored me most of the time, being I wasn't out in areas where trouble was happening. The few times I've been pulled over, I was respectful and the officer gave me my fine without issues. I was given a warning once. I ran a red light. One of those light turned yellow and was in the middle of stop or go for it. I went for it. Cop pulled me over and played a joke on me. Maybe this was white privileged or maybe being I was honest with the guy, he gave me a warning. 

as you can see, if of this is put in place by the man and people of color could never achieve success  well expect the 100 thousands that do all the time and are way more successful than me

Sam Ortiz - 

Do need any additional oppression? I can put my big white thumb on your scale of social justice! Do you need me to hold you back from any opportunites? I can do that. I'll even throw on a Navy three piece suit and brown dress shoes as I do it. 

Just as bad as ghetto black folk saying they have it so bad might as well not take those government handouts being given to them......

Sam Ortiz -

That Sucks GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 Likes

I’m a halfy. I got shit for being white by the Mexicans and shit for being Mexican by white people. In a playful way and it didn’t bother me. That’s the thing, if you let it bother you, then you might as well give it up.

Other than that, I’m just at 6’, good teethe and neve has braces, I have a very decently mediocre sized hog.

Raised by my mom, but she’s got crazy work ethic. Sometimes worked 3 jobs. And would tell me to stop being a faggot and earn shit for myself. most people see being raised by a single mother as a bad thing, but my mom is a tough ass woman who don’t take no shit. 

im priveleged by realizing that when bored white kids who dont have real problems invent problems, they are called privelege 

1 Like

What the left wrongly and falsely labels “privilege” shouldn’t be demonized. Just the opposite. It’s an ideal that should be positively promoted and what every decent person should aspire to be. It sends the wrong message that certain people based on race aren’t good enough and shouldn’t even try, while others need to be handicapped and brought down to their level for fairness. That type of indoctrination needs to be rejected. Don’t concede defeat.