Infections vs death or hospitalization rate

Stop talking about the amount of covid 19, wuhan virus, kung flu cases and talk about death or hospitalization rate. America has the 3rd largest population of a nation behind China and India, which those two nations are FAR behind in testing and China hides their true numbers. Our nation has the most testing of all nations in the world. So of coarse with testing and population size we will have the most cases.

Why is there no talk about death or hospitalization rate? That is because it is very low. It does not fit the agenda!

Why do we keep hearing about how America has more cases and not how America tests more and has a larger population? Why do we not hear about the low death or hospitalization rate?

We are now told to change our entire civilization on people being sick. Yet most cases are asymptomatic which means they show no signs of illness. If you take away the elderly and the people with an already weakened immune system the chance of death is almost nonexistent.

Instead of just being in blind rage from what the media tells you just research for yourself to compared this virus to  other ones. Also research the inflated numbers.

Just do not blindly change the way you act because of fear mongering from the media. At least research for yourself if it is warrented.

4 Likes

We're #1 in total deaths by a mile and #9 and rising in deaths per capita.

The countries ahead of us have mostly come out the other side, and despite seeing their problems early, we handled it much worse than they did. 

Crazy Larry -

We're #1 in total deaths by a mile and #9 and rising in deaths per capita.

The countries ahead of us have mostly come out the other side, and despite seeing their problems early, we handled it much worse than they did. 

#1 in total or percentage, total, testing, or what? What stats are you using when comparing America's population to lets say Italy, Obviously America's population and Italy's number are vastly different in population. When NYC alone has more people then most countries. Also it has been proven many American cities have lied about the covid death numbers. Also take into account America tests more people then any nation in the world.

So instead of random obscure numbers what are you saying?

Is the death rate and hospitalization rising?

The US roughly compares in population and geography to the EU. so, start there for comparisons.

I'm not sure the death rate counts as "very low" here. We're still losing like 500-600 people per day. Meanwhile other countries that got hit hard stomped it down much more effectively. Italy is now averaging about 20/day and Spain did even better and has it in single digits. Not to mention the countries that took it seriously from the jump and barely had any deaths at all.

Tomato Can - I'm not sure the death rate counts as "very low" here. We're still losing like 500-600 people per day. Meanwhile other countries that got hit hard stomped it down much more effectively. Italy is now averaging about 20/day and Spain did even better and has it in single digits. Not to mention the countries that took it seriously from the jump and barely had any deaths at all.

I think you need to research more, 500-600 people dying per day. Just think what that would be for a week, a month, a year? We are clearly not in the middle of the walking dead.

Vindell - 
Tomato Can - I'm not sure the death rate counts as "very low" here. We're still losing like 500-600 people per day. Meanwhile other countries that got hit hard stomped it down much more effectively. Italy is now averaging about 20/day and Spain did even better and has it in single digits. Not to mention the countries that took it seriously from the jump and barely had any deaths at all.

I think you need to research more, 500-600 people dying per day. Just think what that would be for a week, a month, a year? We are clearly not in the middle of the walking dead.

I don't even know what you're trying to say here. 500 deaths/day is 182,500/year. And that's with 130,000 already having died. That's a lot of fucking people if you don't hold it to this dumb "walking dead" standard.

The whole point was that when you compare it to other comparable nations, we're not doing particularly well. The trajectory we're on looks like shit compared to other hard-hit nations, even the UK who clearly fucked the dog on this as well.

Tomato Can -
Vindell - 

I don't even know what you're trying to say here. 500 deaths/day is 182,500/year. And that's with 130,000 already having died. That's a lot of fucking people if you don't hold it to this dumb "walking dead" standard.

The whole point was that when you compare it to other comparable nations, we're not doing particularly well. The trajectory we're on looks like shit compared to other hard-hit nations, even the UK who clearly fucked the dog on this as well.

Then where is your link showing 500-600 people die per day in America from this covid 19 virus. You're full of crap but you keep talking about it, so lets see your links of official numbers saying 500-600 people dying per day from this you fear monger.

CDC: Coronavirus Fatality Rate 0.26%, 8-15x Lower than Estimates

/www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/27/cdc-suggests-coronavirus-fatality-rate-higher-than-flus-but-at-least-8x-lower-than-initial-estimates/

What were the numbers of regular (non-covid) flu deaths this year?

Did those numbers get wrapped into the covid totals?

1 Like

OP is correct.  The concern is not how many people get it. It's how many people die from it. We've known this since March. We've also known that there will have been a fucktonne of people who got the virus, never showed symptoms, and were subsequently not counted, which makes the actual mortality rate even lower than we can record.

1 Like
Tomato Can -
Vindell - 

Honestly anyone who can’t see that a virus that’s killed 130000 people with the country locked down, in the space of four months, isn’t worth conversing with because only genuine medically legitimate retards don’t understand how serious that is. Whether the victims are old, frail or both

kung_pow - What were the numbers of regular (non-covid) flu deaths this year?

Did those numbers get wrapped into the covid totals?

If you want you can go to cdc and look at the abnormal yearly drop in flu and pneumonia cases during this covid BS. Those illnesses are far lower then normal.  It has been even stated that any illness was labled covid.

Just stay out of Canada