Inflatable hot tub TME

I see a lot of people getting these now. I am considering getting one just for the hell of it because the idea of sitting in one in the cold sounds appealing but I am not willing to spend for a professional one. 

Worth it?  Waste of money? Is it white trash heaven or white trash waste of money? Can they he used in the cold?  How much does it increase your energy bill?  Anyone have one?  I recall PJ having one of these and I am sure others have one. My expectations for a sub $500 hot tube are not exactly high. lol

Attention Passive Jay. 

14 Likes

I’ve been in the Coleman one, it was great.

Ask Jay!

1 Like

![](upload://h9Fv3uTzR3KJOF58YYeGCo0oZJf.jpeg)

1 Like

Close enough on my....

Lets gooo!!!!!!

1 Like

Im just waiting for a response from Peej

1 Like

Lol Forrest

1 Like

Bought an Intex about 2 months ago. It's fucking awesome. My brother has had the same one for a year and he and his wife are obsessed with it.

You will have to buy tons of chemicals and whatnot. And be sure to clean or change your filter regularly. But it's legit. 

Oh, and you have to either retire them during the winter, or do what we cool kids do and move them inside! Guaranteed everyone will think it's hilarious and awesome that you have a hot tub in your basement. People were sitting in it during the Tyson fight last weekend 

2 Likes

I have a pool so I already have the chemicals. I am considering not only if I want one but putting it in the basement as well for the winter.  I'm likely to get one regardless but input is a good thing. 

1 Like

i believe jay took his down due to outrageous heating costs. so there's that. 

I have been thinking of getting one to see if I truly want to put a real one in someday.

ufc98newb -

For sure it is a consideration. I don't care about that over the next few months as adding something to relax in is more important than money right now. Long term it may bother me or it may not be an issue. 

Ttt

Cotton -
ufc98newb -

For sure it is a consideration. I don't care about that over the next few months as adding something to relax in is more important than money right now. Long term it may bother me or it may not be an issue. 

People pretty much covered everything. I ended up taking mine down because during anything but the summer it cost 80 to $100 just for the electrical, then add another 20 or $30 a month for chemicals and filters. I never even tried to run it during the winter

2 Likes

get a nice used real one for cheap.

make sure you clean all the old man semen out of the filter

2 Likes
Trust -

We have one.  I really don't care for hot tubs and everyone I know that has had one has indicated it's like that cliche of owning a boat; the happiest days of a hot tub owner are the day they get it, and the day they get rid of it.  

But my wife wanted it because the community pool we pay for in our HOA fees has been closed for over a year.  It was originally closed to make renovations, and then covid hit and all the community facilties have been locked up.  She used the pool every day.  

Intex had a sale, and I bought a 6 person tub with cover.  That was back in March/April.   I think it was around $400.  We live in FL so there's no basement.  It is set up on our back patio (which has a floor area as large as a two car garage).  Then, because hot tubs are not allowed by the HOA, I had to set up a privacy screen around it so nosey neighbors would not see it. 

She uses it almost ever day, even in the rain.  I have not been in it one time.  It costs very little to run as it is already so freaking hot here.  

I can testify that it’s pretty nice. Much better when trust isn’t nosing around the patio and we can get down to business. 

1 Like
Cuckoldberry Finn -

get a nice used real one for cheap.

make sure you clean all the old man semen out of the filter

I bought one the other day on a great deal. It should be here by Monday. 

Just have a bath.

Trust -

We have one.  I really don't care for hot tubs and everyone I know that has had one has indicated it's like that cliche of owning a boat; the happiest days of a hot tub owner are the day they get it, and the day they get rid of it.  

But my wife wanted it because the community pool we pay for in our HOA fees has been closed for over a year.  It was originally closed to make renovations, and then covid hit and all the community facilties have been locked up.  She used the pool every day.  

Intex had a sale, and I bought a 6 person tub with cover.  That was back in March/April.   I think it was around $400.  We live in FL so there's no basement.  It is set up on our back patio (which has a floor area as large as a two car garage).  Then, because hot tubs are not allowed by the HOA, I had to set up a privacy screen around it so nosey neighbors would not see it. 

She uses it almost ever day, even in the rain.  I have not been in it one time.  It costs very little to run as it is already so freaking hot here.  

Thank you for the input. 

Wife wants it outside and to run it this winter and I want it on our large unfinished basement. Pros and cons for each, obviously. 

I assume it will be going outside but I'll argue my case for inside again lol 

If it is outside I will have to insulate it and enclose it. PA winters can be brutal. I will likely put up some sort tent with walls (10x10 or 8x8).  It shouldn't be difficult to set up and maintain. 

This is a dually wanted item. Not only for stress but for my body as I am exercising daily. Should help considerably with my body recovering better from harder workouts. 

Passive Jay -
Cotton -
ufc98newb -

People pretty much covered everything. I ended up taking mine down because during anything but the summer it cost 80 to $100 just for the electrical, then add another 20 or $30 a month for chemicals and filters. I never even tried to run it during the winter

We had just bought a pool last year and got addicted to it before it got shut down for the winter. Even if it stopgaps to it is time to open the pool up I'm good. lol

I should enjoy it after working out. That is what I am looking forward to the most with it to relax my body. I do have the chemicals already at least so that is good. Cost won't be a factor initially as it will be worth it over the next few months. If it starts to become used infrequently then I will empty it as there would be no sense running it.