info on losing weight

I need some help in this area. I have never been overweight but do to surgeries and other things I have packed on quite a few extra pounds. Anyhow I never had to lose weight befor I was always around 210 I am 6'1 I am about 250 now. anyhow what should I do. I can't cut carbs(i only eat 2 slices of bread a day) out all together do to a intestinal diease. I am eating lean and working out 5 days a week and doing cardio 5 days also for around 20-30min. i really don't trust the weight loss pills. any tips would be heplful I am not looking for quick fix. Also I take No-xplode and protein after should I cut those out.

how about trying the zone? I have heard of a lot of people that have great success with it. Also, make sure you eat about 5 meals a day, every 3 hours or so.

take in less calories

well i consuming only 1500 a day

If dieting is an isuue I suggest just cranking up the cardio. Start increasing the intensity and the duration of your cardio for one. Try other things like intervals or circuit training. Your weight workout should be quick paced don't worry about lifting a lot of weight but maximizing your time in the weight room (super sets/giant sets)

your only consuming 1500 calories a day? that isn't much at all.

well i have only been doing 1500 for about 2.5 weeks. Kinda wanna drop weight the weight beach season is here soon and i wanna get some fights in.

Ok here are some basic guidelines that I use.

Try and eat 5-6 meals a day spread out 2-3 hours. Try to get each meal to have a portion of lean protein, carb, and add veggies to atleast two meals. A portion of protein should be the size of your fist. A portion of carbs the size of your fist. Drink lots of water. Here are some good foods.

PROTEINS
Chicken breast, Turkey breast, Lean ground turkey, Lean ground beef, Egg whites or substitutes, Low-fat cottage cheese

CARBS Baked potato, Sweet potato, Yams, Squash, Steamed brown rice, Whole Wheat Pasta, Oatmeal, Beans, Corn, Strawberries, Apple, Orange, Fat-free yogurt, Whole-wheat bread, Whole-Wheat Tortilla

VEGGIES Broccoli, Lettuce, Cauliflower, Green beans, Green peppers, Mushrooms, Spinach, Tomato, Cabbage, Zucchini, Cucumber, Onion

"I am 6'1 I am about 250 now."

1500 calories is way too low for someone who weighs 250 and works out and does cardio 5 times a week.

I would up my calories, eat clean and continue to exercise.

Hope this helps a bit.

As Jeanie suggested, check out the Zone. Combine this with Paleo-friendly foods and you will lose the fat in no time.

i have to disagree with some of what reagan123 stated regarding carb sources. If you are looking to drop fat then you would do best steering clear of sugars and starches, grains and cereals. That means no potatos, sweet potatos, yams, rice, pasta, oatmeal, bread or tortillas.

Once you drop the unwanted fat and get your body composition roughly where you want it, then you can play around with more starchy foods and the like. Until then, however, stick with low-GI carb sources. Plenty of veggies (especially the green leafy variety) and some fruit.

Don't forget to consume some healthy fats. Nuts, seeds, olives, and fish / fish oil are all good sources. Don't be afraid of fat. It will actually help you lose your stored fat.

Hope this helps.

john

wow...
I've dropped from 208 to 175 and have included carbs in every meal (6 a day). I ate oats, potatos every once in awhile, whole grain breads, tortillas etc. on a daily basis.

Guess it's different strokes for different folks.

I just posted what worked for me... there a many different methods. Some may work better for some people than others.

I shot for a 40/40/20 daily macro breakdown Protein/Carbs/Fats.

Good luck with whatever you do!

Thanks guys this is very much appreciated

I agree with johnv. Make your carbs things such as vegetables and some fruit. If you do want to treat yourself with things like sprouted bread, whole wheat pasta, or brown rice then make sure it is a meal AFTER you work out.

check out www.drsears.com for info on the zone. You should make sure that all meals consist of protein, carbs (fruit and veg) and good fat.

Don't worry so much about what percentage of the various macronutrients (carbs, proteins, fats) you take in... focus on calories consumed (diet) and calories burned (BMR + cardio exercise). To be perfectly honest, what you're doing now sounds fine... The only thing I would suggest you add is "progressive overload." That is, each week (or so) try to make your cardio routine either more intense or longer, or both.

1500 cals / day does sound low for your weight, so if that's really all your getting, the weight should be starting to come off. Just don't be too impatient... if you're losing 1-2 lbs / week you're doing well. If you lose 3 lbs a week, that's excellent. I don't recommend trying to lose any faster than that.

If you're doing like your saying, then you are losing weight. It takes time. I would add about 500 cals so you don't make yourself sick. I think No-Xplode on a weight loss diet is a waste of money, you're looking to get smaller, not bulk up. Protein sups are okay, but I would add the extra cals from whole food.

I would like to keep my muscle size but just lose the fat will the no xplode diter that

I would like to keep my muscle size but just lose the fat will the no xplode diter that

I'd forget the no-xplode personally. I doubt it makes much (if any) difference. If you want to lose fat while not losing muscle, there I two things that I think are key:

1. don't do large amounts of high intensity cardio exercise. Don't get your heart rate over about 80% of your max for long periods of time. Do either all moderate / low intensity cardio, or do mostly moderate intensity cardio with some supplemental high intensity interval training.

2. get enough protein. If you're already using a protein powder, just stick with it. This is, of course, in addition to a healthy diet.

actually make it three things:

1. don't cut your calories too low and try to lose too much weight to fast. At 250 lbs, depending on just what your BMR is, 1500 cals / day may actually be too low. Weigh yourself weekly and if you start losing more than 2-3 lbs / week, up your calorie intake a bit.

"Kinda wanna drop weight the weight beach season is here soon and i wanna get some fights in"

Sounds like you like to fight people on the beach THAT'S AWESOME!!!