Inglourious Basterds Pub Scene..

PelosiesPanties -

Great scene but my God I'd have never gone in there with the Hauptsturmführer with that terrible accent. 

I assume use speak German?

The tension in that scene is unreal. I wonder how many takes were needed?

Haha one of the top scenes of all time.  Any truth to the Germans really counting to three on their first two fingers and their thumb, unlike us Americans and the Brits that do it the logical way?

Stache - The tension in that scene is unreal. I wonder how many takes were needed?

Based on Germany efficiency, 1/2 take bro..

Such a great achievement in filmmaking. 

Graduate1 - 
Stache - The tension in that scene is unreal. I wonder how many takes were needed?

Lol true

Stache - 
Graduate1 - 

Lol true

Hahaha awesome. 

Homeslice -

Haha one of the top scenes of all time.  Any truth to the Germans really counting to three on their first two fingers and their thumb, unlike us Americans and the Brits that do it the logical way?

I forgot to breath during this scene in theatres. It’s one of the greatest 

A buddy of mine (fellow Canadian of German and Scottish descent) got me into Das Boot and other similar movies. Das Boot is a must watch..

Graduate1 - 
Homeslice -

WHOA.  You had to go and bring in the greatest war movie of all time.  :)

Where was the counting on fingers though?  I kind of skimmed through it because I've watched that movie like 1 million times and don't even remember the counting on fingers, and didn't see it.  I'm sure I just missed it.

Thanks!

Oh Graduate, were you just saying Das Boot had better war related scenes?  I agree with that - more believable.  Still loved the pub scene in IB, over the top as it was.

Homeslice - 

Yeah. I found in the 1980s that if you order "two more" beers in Germany by holding up your index and middle finger, American style, the waitress will probably bring you 3 beers, because she "saw" your thumb as the first finger. You order two beers by holdiing up thumb and forefinger.

Graduate1 - A buddy of mine (fellow Canadian of German and Scottish descent) got me into Das Boot and other similar movies. Das Boot is a must watch..

Fuck me. I haven't seen it yet.

Classic Tarantino everyone gets shot

Stache - 
Graduate1 - A buddy of mine (fellow Canadian of German and Scottish descent) got me into Das Boot and other similar movies. Das Boot is a must watch..

Fuck me. I haven't seen it yet.

Must watch - manly type of film but extremely enjoyable..