INNOVATE OR DIE.

Dealing with developers can be a fucking nightmare, I know, But I've noticed a change in the tone across the whole community. The jokes about getting your 'top guys' are now replaced with REAL serious concern for the website. To the point where members are actually posting up links to sdog, reddit etc....there's even calls for a creation of a new website by ug members

Be truthful with the progress, honesty would help bring us together as a community. At the moment the community feels fragmented on this issue...2 sides..... Kirik and vague updates / Everyone else...when it should be 1 side.........Kirik, honest updates and the community.

I love this site, I love the community, Kirik, I know you've heard this a million times but fuck it...just give us an honest in-detail update on the current plan, just like everyone who creates something..they think it's there baby..but thats not true.....Sir Tim Berners-lee DIDN'T invent the web...Society did....he just created the main protocols and principles for it to thrive ....Just like here....TheUG is the product of the community, the social, no community no ug.....when things get questioned...NEW changes are adopted...and that new change could be a community member creating a place for all current ug members to go....leaving this place collecting dust.

It's simple, innovate or die. It's not to late to innovate Kirk, but fuck it's getting close. 

Self bumping because...ffs

Yes Phone Post 3.0

Tiresias - What is really sad to contemplate is that whatever incompetence/greed/what-have-you is causing this nonsense, the result could be the death of this community. There is no reason to assume a similar forum would emerge if the UG/OG dispersed. Phone Post 3.0

This is the truth, and a thought for them to consider very seriously. Some of you guys have been for YEARS, and there is obviously a community vibe in here which adds to the forum more than anything else. To see it die a slow death and vanish would be worse than home made sin.... But, its not looking good. Unfortunately.

Especially for you guys that have paid up... it sucks even more.

I didn't renew my blue name because of outages like tonight.

Lubmma never crashes. And I've posted my hairy balls there and didn't get banned or even frozen! Phone Post 3.0

And somewhere in Libya an ebola corpse is getting skull fucked by a hyena.

CaptainAhab - And somewhere in Libya an ebola corpse is getting skull fucked by a hyena.

Again? God damn it all...

Itdoesntmatter - 
Tiresias - What is really sad to contemplate is that whatever incompetence/greed/what-have-you is causing this nonsense, the result could be the death of this community. There is no reason to assume a similar forum would emerge if the UG/OG dispersed. Phone Post 3.0

This is the truth, and a thought for them to consider very seriously. Some of you guys have been for YEARS, and there is obviously a community vibe in here which adds to the forum more than anything else. To see it die a slow death and vanish would be worse than home made sin.... But, its not looking good. Unfortunately.

It feels like a slow painful as fuck death at the moment. The forum died during the damn prelims 

Get your thoughts in now before the whole fucking forum goes down again during the main event

Itdoesntmatter - 
CaptainAhab - And somewhere in Libya an ebola corpse is getting skull fucked by a hyena.

Yes. Those hyenas are lascivious.

Gilbosh - 
Itdoesntmatter - 

It feels like a slow painful as fuck death at the moment. The forum died during the damn prelims 

Sure did, I couldnt get on for over an hour... then when it loaded it would let me sin in....

CaptainAhab - 
Itdoesntmatter - 

Well, call the compliant line or something man... that shits reprehensible...

Itdoesntmatter - 
CaptainAhab - 
Itdoesntmatter - 

Can you imagine the voicemails left on a UG Tech Support line?

Welcome to the UG:

Gilbosh - 
Itdoesntmatter - 
CaptainAhab - 
Itdoesntmatter - 

Can you imagine the voicemails left on a UG Tech Support line?

Hhahahaahahah... oh hell no.... its probably unplugged anyway.

If this place ever goes down for more than a week people will likely start jumping ship. I almost hope it happens so that better alternatives come to light. Phone Post 3.0

Darth Ryase - If this place ever goes down for more than a week people will likely start jumping ship. I almost hope it happens so that better alternatives come to light. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, it would take a week of downtime to make this place go away.

Absolutely everyone in MMA reads this forum. Even if they don't post. Everyone reads it from time to time. You can't just re-create that without major consumer pain.

Tiresias - What is really sad to contemplate is that whatever incompetence/greed/what-have-you is causing this nonsense, the result could be the death of this community. There is no reason to assume a similar forum would emerge if the UG/OG dispersed. Phone Post 3.0
The community has dispersed unfortunately. I wasn't here much during the past year and now that I am here more regularly, this place feels like a ghost town. The community has dwindled noticeably, te humour seems to be stifled or gone altogether, some of the best posters are gone, almost no prominent people post here regularly anymore, no GIF's, disgruntled former mod's, etc.

Outlook seems bleak. Phone Post 3.0

^^^ actually, let me change that. It would take a month of downtime.

It would take as long a downtime as necessary for people to get used to checking and/or posting on another site regularly. AND that site would have to have notable industry people posting on the reg.

Kirik, Chris, etc are in a pretty safe place, even if there are notable fuck ups from time to time.