Inside info

so i know some guys who know some guys and i was just told that volk wanted the charles islam winner but won’t get it. instead he’ll fight josh emmit. because… guess who will get the winner of islam olivera??? yeah it’s conner. time will tell but this is legit information.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case if the info is real or fake. Conor doesn’t beat no one in Top 5 right now, Daruish is the future Lightweight champion just wait and see

2 Likes

i like dariush but you think he can beat islam?

And THIS, among many other completely asinine decisions, is why the UFC doesn’t get a penny from me
:smiley::pirate_flag:

I support the fighters in other ways

1 Like

yeah i’d rather just send them money directly. i think every fighter should have a venmo out there or something similar.

1 Like

I do, he would of been the one to end Islams hype if their fight wouldn’t of been scrapped. I think Charles beats Islam and Daruish beats Charles

1 Like

If it turns out to be Conor vs Islam, Conor may end up injured worse than his last fight … only this will be no accident. Dagis don’t forgive and forget.

1 Like

i’m sure he’s rooting for charles to beat islam

Seems like it could be a legit rumor to me. I’ve assumed since Charles vs Conor in Jan was not gonna happen that Conor vs Charles/Makhachev winner was a strong possibility.

I just want to hear how they try to justify it in the promo material… “the former two division champion and the biggest star in the sport returns”.

To me, Volk vs Conor at LW with a title shot on the line vs the Charles vs Makhachev winner would have been a huge way to promote things but UFC never frames things as four man tournaments beyond the commentators discussion of title pictures during some unofficial #1 contenders fights. Serving those two fights up as a tournament could have created huge interest since all four fighters have such huge followings in various regional MMA markets. It would have been big.

1 Like

It also makes sense why Poirier vs Chandler will happen now. Doing Poirier vs Chandler now eliminates the possibility of Conor vs Chandler to see who gets the next title shot and it eliminates Conor vs Dustin IV from happening right now meanwhile Poirier and Chandler can’t get a title shot while booked to fight each other and Volk can’t get it if he is booked vs Emmit.

Meanwhile the Oliveira vs Makhachev winner is announced and they then announce the return of Conor and setup the Conor title shot that has to happen because you know… Poirier, Chandler and Volk are busy doing other things.

If Dariush beats Gamrot well…he can wait or its possible he gets offered the Chandler Poirier winner and is told take it or leave it.

1 Like

Lol cool. So we get to see Conor get beat and embarrassed for a third time in a row now

2 Likes

I could rewatch this flurry 100x over and it never gets old

3 Likes

I don’t see them giving him the champ right out the gate but crazier shit has been done by them.

Yep and why they won’t give him the champ first fight.

1 Like

If the UFC gave Conor a title shot when his last 3 fights were a W over washed and depressed Cerrone, then 2 finish losses against Dustin, they would be a massive embarrassment. You can’t even fucking sell that other than just McGregors name

Yeah man, if they will do this for casual fan attention then they will do just about anything.

1 Like

Now that I think about it, Conor vs CW Punk could be on the table…

For the NEW Interim BMF Title…

VS

Now that would actually be hilarious

No way McFaggot makes 155 ever again.

2 Likes