Installing XB1 game, ready to launch!

Oh wait, I can launch the game and then wait on the main menu as it continues to install. Thanks, that's very helpful.

Forza was awesome, it got to like 5% install them let me launch the game and actually play it. Every game since gives me the "ready to launch" notification but doesn't actually let me play the game. So annoying.

I got home at around 11:30 am with Ryse and began installing. It's 3pm now and I still can't play it. The first update alone, not including the regular install, was 9.5gb, fuck me. Phone Post 3.0

It'll be worth the wait! Phone Post 3.0

I hear that you should install the game while offline. Apparently if you do it while the xb1 is connected to the internet it will install the updates first and then the game from the disk. That seems fucking brilliant.

I feel ya, been waiting 1hr 45mins for 16gig update for DR3. It says ready to start so I start playing and buildings are untextered I my car falls through the map ffs Phone Post

Yeah what's with all this installing crap. So if I go to a midnight release I'll get home put the game in and wait several hours to play the game? That's been my experience so far.

Has anyone tried installing a game while offline? I keep hearing it's faster, but I haven't bought a game since hearing this. Phone Post 3.0

Assassin 45 - Yeah what's with all this installing crap. So if I go to a midnight release I'll get home put the game in and wait several hours to play the game? That's been my experience so far.
Wait.... When you install a game, does it install from the game disc, or does it download via the internet?

If it downloads from the game disc, why does it take "several hours"?

Also, how do you install a game while you're offline? Phone Post 3.0

I think.. If you put a new game in and are disconnected from the net it still installs the game or parts of the game to the hard drive. If you are connected to the net and put a game in people are saying it downloads the updates for a game then the game install causing it to take forever.

I've owned many systems but never had these wait times for anything on them. I bought the Xbone with Titanfall and it took over 4 hours before I could play. My experience was the same with wolfenstein.
You can start a download turn the xbox off and it will keep downloading while you sleep or whatever.

I'll try disconnecting from the net in a bit. I have Ryse that I haven't put in yet and see the results. Phone Post 3.0

Assassin 45 - I think.. If you put a new game in and are disconnected from the net it still installs the game or parts of the game to the hard drive. If you are connected to the net and put a game in people are saying it downloads the updates for a game then the game install causing it to take forever.

I've owned many systems but never had these wait times for anything on them. I bought the Xbone with Titanfall and it took over 4 hours before I could play. My experience was the same with wolfenstein.
You can start a download turn the xbox off and it will keep downloading while you sleep or whatever.

I'll try disconnecting from the net in a bit. I have Ryse that I haven't put in yet and see the results. Phone Post 3.0
I think Ryse was the longest install I've experienced so far. Second was Forza because it was a digital download and was a full 44gb I think. Phone Post 3.0

Man that sounds really shit.In fact it sounds like the ps3 was when updating games, I remember MGS4 and gran turismo took an hour to install and update.

Not to sound like a fanboy but the ps4 is great for that stuff.Wolfenstein and watch dogs were like a 10 minute install iirc Phone Post 3.0

you guys are trolling, right? I've never waited more than an hour for a game to install from disc on my Xbone, not even close. you guys are talking about 4+ hours... lol. Phone Post 3.0

Sadly not trolling. I put in Ryse disconnected from net. Install starts imedeatly at 5:50 at 6:05 ready to start appears. It's now 6:16 and I'm at 79% complete. I don't know if I could actually play the game at ready to start though as I'm getting ready for work.

I will still have to download updates though later. I will make sure to do the disconnected install when I get Diablo 3 so hopefully I can play it ASAP. Phone Post 3.0

Obviously, online installs will take long time depending on dl speed. Updates also.

I dont find installs to be horrible on xb1, but the kinnect pisses me right off. Im primary user, fucking thing NEVER recognises me. Not my face, not my voice....

My boys dont use it at all. They walk in room, kinnect says hello to them instantly. Phone Post 3.0

choadler - Obviously, online installs will take long time depending on dl speed. Updates also.

I dont find installs to be horrible on xb1, but the kinnect pisses me right off. Im primary user, fucking thing NEVER recognises me. Not my face, not my voice....

My boys dont use it at all. They walk in room, kinnect says hello to them instantly. Phone Post 3.0
Lol! That's funny...maybe try recalibration with your profile...I went through a period of it doing the same thing to me Phone Post 3.0

Gone are the days of plugging in the cartridge (after you took 3 seconds blowing into it)lol