Instant Pot: This Has Changed My Life....

I know at the OG, we like to share things that others can benefit from.

Some of the core items that I love include:

- Vitamix

- Crock Pot (slow cooker)

Just thought I would throw in another one.

Recently got this thing.  It takes about 5-15 minutes to cook when it gets to pressure for just about anything (it is an electric pressure cooker).

I love my crockpot and have used it for years... but since getting the instant pot, I have barely used it.

Same concept as the crock pot... but much quicker... just throw a bunch of items in the pot.  Set the cook time and 10-15 minutes later it is fully cooked and delicious.

I can't even explain to you how much time this thing has saved me...  I cook almost all my meals in it and everything turns out really well.

It has definitely changed my life and is a staple in my home and great tool for eating clean and cooking it all really quickly.

5 Likes

No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Phone Post 3.0

Thought this was a weed thread.

1 Like

Any recipes?

Just got one in for recipes! Phone Post 3.0

Sub Phone Post 3.0

UltimateKeyboardWarrior -

Any recipes?

Yeah. Where do you get the recipes? Phone Post 3.0

samichlaus - Thought this was a weed thread.
Same

Was thinking LA speed weed thread Phone Post 3.0

Careful. Pressure cookers can take your legs off:

http://www.local10.com/news/27950778/detail.html
A 79-year-old woman's leg was severed Thursday morning when her pressure cooker fell off her stove and exploded, according to Miami Fire Rescue.
Fire officials said the woman was cooking in her home at 1736 SW 24th Court just after 10 a.m. when the pressure cooker fell to the floor."Right now, we don't know exactly what happened, but from what we are told, she was cooking, and for some unknown reason, the pressure cooker fell," said Lt. Ignatius Carroll, of Miami Fire Rescue. "The impact caused it to explode. Maybe pieces from the pressure cooker severed her leg completely."The woman's leg was severed below the knee, officials said."We don't know what part of the pressure cooker actually did the damage," Carroll said.A family member put a tourniquet on the woman's leg to slow the bleeding. Carroll said that if the woman had been alone, she likely would have bled to death.Rescuers arrived to find the woman on the floor with food everywhere.Carroll called it "one of the freakiest accident calls that we have ever heard."The woman was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital in stable condition. Carroll said doctors were working to save the woman's leg.

So you out the seeds in and you have buds real quick? Water? Need more specifics. Sorry to be a pain.

Same here OP. I always hated to cook but a pressure cooker makes it so easy and the food always ends up delicious. Phone Post 3.0

I used mine today Phone Post 3.0

Picked one up on Prime Day. I love it.

I'll post some recipes later on, it is a great item to own! Phone Post 3.0

Is the 6 qt one really large enough?  Seems like you need the 8 qt one at a minimum.

EL Berto - No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Phone Post 3.0
7 monkeys twirling on a branch, eating lots of sunflowers on my uncles ranch. Cmon, you know that old tale from the sea. It's Brie time and your talking Gouda! Phone Post 3.0

1 Like

Soup and Beer -

Is the 6 qt one really large enough?  Seems like you need the 8 qt one at a minimum.

6 is big enough. I can feed 6 people with it at least. 8 is not worth the extra cost.

I was concerned, but I can easily cook 4.5 lbs of chicken in it with room to spare. Phone Post 3.0

I have this same model at 6. Great at quick cooking hearty meals like stew and spaghetti sauce. and you can just drop a whole chicken in there too.

Heard good things about those things.

I've never not had bland food from mine. Phone Post 3.0

samichlaus - Thought this was a weed thread.

same