Instant replay in MMA

I don’t understand why they haven’t already implemented such a thing with such controversy as what happened between Robbie, and Askren last night. With fighter’s records being the boon for opporunity, and one bad call by a ref could be the difference between you getting a title fight, or not, I would think more fighters would be campaigning for such a thing. Is there something in the rule book that prevents a fight that was called poorly being restarted upon further investigation? 

That fight was not a poor stoppage. Robbies arm went limp. He was at minimum on his way to being out with a slow choke and more than likely he was fading in and out. I 100% believe that no stoppage would have had the same result only with Robbie sleeping on the mat. You can argue that the fight was stopped early if you want but who cares his arm went limp.

Besides how do they fairly restart the fight if they wanted to? Answer this please, anyone. The athletic commission's representative already said in the post fight press conference that they conclude that Robbie was unconscious at the time his arm went limp. All the haters need to face it, Askren won. They need to get over it but if they don't thn please keep on crying. It;s great entertainment for me.

Calhoon - 

That fight was not a poor stoppage. Robbies arm went limp. He was at minimum on his way to being out with a slow choke and more than likely he was fading in and out. I 100% believe that no stoppage would have had the same result only with Robbie sleeping on the mat. You can argue that the fight was stopped early if you want but who cares his arm went limp.

Besides how do they fairly restart the fight if they wanted to? Answer this please, anyone. The athletic commission's representative already said in the post fight press conference that they conclude that Robbie was unconscious at the time his arm went limp. All the haters need to face it, Askren won. They need to get over it but if they don't thn please keep on crying. It;s great entertainment for me.

Herb shook his arm and robbie gave the thumbs up.

Shit stoppage but its hard to be perfect.

Mark Goddard is the real top cunt official with all the breaks and chastising usman that “this is a fight” when woodley did fuck all for 5 rounds.

It was a bad stoppage. There is a clear shot of it. Even Big John who is one of the best refs agreed it was bad and the wrong call. It is what it is though. Won't be the last time it happens unfortunately.

Brockback Mountain -
Calhoon - 

Herb shook his arm and robbie gave the thumbs up.

Shit stoppage but its hard to be perfect.

Mark Goddard is the real top cunt official with all the breaks and chastising usman that “this is a fight” when woodley did fuck all for 5 rounds.

This is what I see and conclude after watching it again.

Herb held up his arm up and let go and Robbies arm was weak and even started to drop as Herb let it go. Herb looked away to get Ben to stop as Robbie, who was in a slow choke and in and out of consciousness, at the exact moment Herb looked away was able to give a thumbs up for a very brief moment, then his arm dropped again and Herb looked back down at that exact moment. Herb never saw the thumbs up gesture and all he saw and felt was a limp arm. He made the right call. Even with the valant thumbs up Robbie was in and out of consciousness amd as I said a no stoppage would have only resulted in a sleeping Lawler.

This was meant to discuss instant replay integration. Thee are already threads you guys can go discuss whether it was an early stoppage. 

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo -

This was meant to discuss instant replay integration. Thee are already threads you guys can go discuss whether it was an early stoppage. 

So tell me what do they do if they decide through instant replay that the fight was stopped too early?

Instant replay in that situation would have created a mess because just like now you will have some guys saying the stoppage was early and some guys saying even if it was early he was still going to be completly asleep soon.

Calhoon -

So tell me what do they do if they decide through instant replay that the fight was stopped too early?

Instant replay in that situation would have created a mess because just like now you will have some guys saying the stoppage was early and some guys saying even if it was early he was still going to be completly asleep soon.

I think there is a definitive line where someone is out, and where someone isn’t. It that line isn’t crossed, then the replay should be used. If there is any controversy I believe the fight should be restarted. 

Don’t think you can instant replay a submission stoppage.  Stupid thread is stupid.

TheDecider -

Don’t think you can instant replay a submission stoppage.  Stupid thread is stupid.

Ok, so you’re in favor of fighters like Robby Lawler getting screwed? 

I do believe that MMA should have instant replay integration and that it would be enormously helpful,  but one thing that I've never been able to wrap my head around is the fact that if the replay is initiated,  the fight is automatically over (at least I believe this is the interpretation of the unified rules,  although I could be wrong).

So, if employing the replay automatically ends the fight,  then WTF is the point of having it?  I mean, wouldn't the implication be that you're utilizing the replay to reexamine a sequence of events so that you can go back and identify the legality of those events?