Instructionals are funny...

Instructional videos can be entertaining comedy-wise.

Anyone ever seen Micheal Angelo's Speed Kills? My buddy had it, we watched, and I died laughing.

I also have some Billy Sheehan vids which are pretty classic.

Just ordered this one, allegedly one of the best bass instructionals ever, watch clip #2, LOL:

http://www.videoprogressions.com/a1_catalog.php

Check out the guitar instructionals on netflix by "curt mitchell."

that guy is hilarious.

I want to hear what's funny about the Michael Angelo! (I haven't seen them; he's funny just in his playing from what I've heard).

t-man
i have that instructional.. i learned alot from it also.
the guys a goober but he has some great skills.

reagan, which one are you talking about? speed kills or sklarevski?

Man, you have to see the michael angelo to understand. its been a while since i've seen it, but just his stories/explanations/playing/guitars/guitar tech... are all hilarious. i won't try to convey the humor here cause it won't work. but its REALLY funny.

don't get me wrong, i respect his skills... but the vid is comedy.

Foiled! OK, I'll have to try to see it some time. (OK, just to tease back.... not an instructional, but if you haven't seen the "VH1 Behind the Music: Styx" try to get to it. That was about the funniest hour of television ever. And it won't translate....!)

sklarevski

I've started watching the sklarevski...

I'm happy with it. Worked through about half of it last night. I'm a pretty good slapper already, but he does some stuff I'm not used to (like a lot of left hand slapping), so its good.

Its not that funny, but I do feel like I'm learning bass from Wheels from Degrassi High.

"VH1 Behind the Music: Styx" try to get to it. That was about the
funniest hour of television ever. And it won't translate....!)"

I have to see this, my first concert was STYX! I can't hear them on the
radio without giggling to myself.

I think I still have a hotlicks 'ripoff' video called 'In the style of Brian
Setzer' Its pretty hilarious, they have this big chubby stoner guy
playing stuff incorrectly, and everyonce in a while they film a piece of
handwritten tablature.

Gatton's Strictly Rythmn was pretty funny too, he's playing all this crazy
shit completely juiced.

The most entertaining one I've seen (and not in a "so bad it's funny" way) is Paul Gilbert's Terrifying Guitar Trip. It must be viewed by everyone for the tuning segment alone.

Paul Gilbert does F-ed up magic tricks on one of his videos. I think he cuts a guitar in half.

Jeff Berlin has Rowdy Roddy Piper on his instructional. The cameo is as embarrassing as it is pointless.

"I think I still have a hotlicks 'ripoff' video called 'In the style of Brian Setzer' Its pretty hilarious, they have this big chubby stoner guy playing stuff incorrectly, and everyonce in a while they film a piece of handwritten tablature. "

that's curt mitchel. the guy im talking about! you can get 'in the style of' dvds from netflix.

Kee Marcello of Europe does an instructional- every time my friend and I watch it, we end up laughing so hard that it probably borders on unsafe. His playing is so amazing on it that I burst out in laughter each time. I can't say that for too many things.

Anyone that has seen it can attest to this.