Instructor Applying Illegal moves

LOL

The guys not a bjj instructor.

A lot of 'instructors' especially places with a lack of quality trainers get a little frazzeled when their students power out of things or just out muscle/speed/technique them.

Just inexperienced.

You need a new trainer.

I'm not Trolling. He teaches BJJ, he's just not that good at it I think. but, BJJ can be applied No-gi as well. He is a Submission Grappling instructor, which includes instructing BJJ moves.

Of course, you're right, I need a new trainer, but he's the best I can get in my small town.

Actually, there is hope, I sparred today with a new guy whose going to compete in Vancouver Tigerbalm internationals, and he is a lot better at teaching techniques than my instructor. And it's a lot harder for me to escape submissions with this guy. He knows his stuff, and I'm going to spar with him tomorrow again, and saturday.

He also brought a friend along who is closer to my size, 225lb -6'3. So that was great for me.

" And it's a lot harder for me to escape submissions with this guy"

that quote just gave this away as a horrible post now. IF you're escaping from a sub. that your "instructor" is actually trying to put on, something is wrong bud...

TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

"that quote just gave this away as a horrible post now. IF you're escaping from a sub. that your "instructor" is actually trying to put on, something is wrong bud..."

I know you said IF, which qualifies the statement, but I have already rolled with new guys and let them escape submissions for 5 minutes, thinking I was showing mistakes without tapping the person out repeatedly, then I'll submit them towards the end of the round. Last time I did this, the guy said, "Wow, at least I made you work for that one."

The point, of course, is that if we give the benefit of doubt to the instructor (which I'm not sure we should do in this case), a beginner probably doesn't know if he's actually escaping the submissions or being let out of them.

Some of our white belts tear up new guys more than the higher ranks because they feel like they have something to prove or because they're just excited to be able to practice their submissions. This might leave a beginner confused, and think that the white belt was better than the others.

Neck cranks are legal in my local competitions. So are trachea chokes. You are just a huge pussy. Also, find a better instructor and learn to tap sooner.

From the description, the instructor borders on an asshole instructor vs a hardcore instructor. I can see an instructor going hard on you and getting the quick finish but he shouldn't be cranking them enough to pop something. That sounds plain dangerous.

If the instructor is rolling hard and getting a hold quick and secure but it's under total control, as in no cranking type thing, then the instructor is being a good boy and you should be practicing defense and refusing to give up.

The really good guys should be positionally dominating you and they'll probably end up dominating until they get a clean finish, btw.

This guy sounds like Baby Huey......Which way did he go....which way did he go??

My advice stop training immediately before you really get hurt...Next you are going to be complaining about having an screwed up knee from all of the heel hooks that you are enduring from your "Instructor".

Get out your notebook and write "squeezed and pressed and hurt my throat in March 2007" Then go count some toothpicks........f'ing tard.

Sand in Vag Syndrome, imo

DD,

Have you TALKED to your instructor?  Or are you just bitching about him behind his back?

My impression from your posts (assuming you aren't the troll that I suspect you to be) is that you actually think you are COMPETING with your instructor.  You are "losing" to "illegal moves" which leaves you feeling robbed of a potential to beat him.

First off, there is NO WAY that you are going to "compete" with a legitimate instructor.  I don't care if it is BJJ or if it is a hard-core JJJ, if he wants to open up a can of whoop-ass on you, it's going to happen!  Saying you could slam him and all that shows your lack of awareness and poor mindset on the situation.

1.  He may just be trying things NOT meant for competition (due to illegal moves) on the "big" student whom he thinks has the size and the cojones to be able to tolerate it.  If he did the same thing to a 150 pound student, it could cause some serious problems with their self-esteem and/or injuries. 

2.  Instructors NEED to practice such moves on SOMEONE, in order to familiarize themselves with proper application, and then later on the counters.  This is what separates the TMA theorists from modern practitioners who train against live, progressive resistance.

3. If your competitive attitude is any indication of your overall attitude, then perhaps you are being a prick to the other guys you train with (and you may not even be aware of it, THINKING you are going slow and no-strength and all that, but in reality you're still using too much for your teammates), then perhaps he's subtely trying to give you a taste of your own medicine.  Just keep in mind that while he is doing "bitch" moves, even though you could counter with a slam, power, etc, there are undoubtedly WORSE things he could do to you, that he is choosing not do (yet).

4. You need to

a) Realize that "training" is NOT "competition," ESPECIALLY with your instructor!! LOL,

b) Stop bitching behind his back and TALK to him to his FACE, and

c) Listen VERY CAREFULLY to his  explanation of why he's doing moves you don't like; It may be he's putting on the "Papa-hat" and trying to TEACH you a lesson, or it may be that you DO need a new instructor

IF.... and I strenuate "IF".............. it turns out that actually making an attempt at adult communication with your instructor proves pointless, THEN maybe getting a different instructor is in order.  But you've got to COMMUNICATE before you have the right to come on a public forum and diss anyone in the manner you've chosen.

Several years ago, I once had a student who went around town complaining I was "trying to hurt him" and he was SCARED of me, because I got "too rough" with him one day, even though he'd been training for SIX months and was "trying to go really easy."  The truth of the matter is that he was a PHENOMENAL SPAZZ that had no understanding of where his limbs were (just thought he did), and after getting kicked in the mouth three times, I very aggressively passed his guard and pinned him down with a totalling controlling shoulder to the jaw.  He tapped, got up, we spoke briefly, and he left - I thought I'd made my point clear about calming down.  He never heard a word I said - all he remembered is that I "popped his neck" and was "being an asshole."  We eventually got it straightened out, but you MAY OR MAY NOT have ended your "spaz" days, even if YOU think you have.

TALK to your instructor.

'Nuff said.

My BJJ instructor keeps ankle locking me...doesn't he know that I am here to compete in Judo? Why does he use all of these cheap, illegal moves??!??!

rolls eyes

"Find a bigger instructor who will smash you. You'll feel better."
Totally agree come wrestle me:)

Dude seriously isnt bjj supposed to be a ground FIGHTING system. what about the rules! try taekwondo

1) the instructor decides what is legal in sparring and what isn't. if your instructor is doing it, it is 'legal' in sparring, unless he explicitly stated otherwise. some schools allow neck cranks. pushing on the throat is also allowed in most no gi competitions although grabbing it with the fingers is not.

2)you sound like you are a spaz who is rolling too hard/explosively and you feel bad that you are being dominated by a smaller person. don't roll competitively all the time. learn how to roll cooperatively. don't try and overpower your instructor, try and learn from him.

"That's the thing, He trained no-gi grappling under a Brown Belt -- in JJJ, not BJJ. He knows BJJ, and catch wrestling though but he hasn't trained with any high ranking BJJ'ers. His lineage isn't very good."

lol, i hadn't read this, the guy probably doesn't know what he is doing, i competed against a 3rd or 4th degree jjj instructor as a blue belt and choked him in 20 seconds. go find a real instructor. and if he popped your neck with a crank, you should have tapped sooner. if he kept cranking after you tapped, stab him with a fork.

"That's the thing, He trained no-gi grappling under a Brown Belt -- in JJJ, not BJJ. He knows BJJ, and catch wrestling though but he hasn't trained with any high ranking BJJ'ers. His lineage isn't very good."

Explain to me how he "knows" bjj from this statement?  I've wrestled before, I don't know judo. 

You're rolling with an instructor who doesn't know what he's doing, or you're just complaining for no reason.  or you're trolling.

CC