Instructor issues.... I think

Stern instruction is one thing. Abuse is another. The way you are being treated and the way you feel right now are not making you a better person and that is the essence of Jiu Jitsu. Move on IMO.

Yeah Ive been thinking the same, just a "see things till the bitter end" kind of guy. I would try to talk to him, just fearing itll get worse for myself.

Maybe it's just misinterpretation. Maybe he's not isolating u, maybe he sees promise...look at the Ralph Gracie thread. Ralph nearly broke the neck off 1 of his favorite students. What part of Florida u in? Phone Post

Tbony8669; That is what his asst instructor said could be it as well. Hence why I am posting this issue on here to weigh positives vs negatives. Like I said Ive excelled so much since ive been there. Never medalled in a tournament and got my first gold training with him. I guess there is 2 ways to look at it. Hes being an asshole, or be grateful Im being "noticed". Its always a lost in translation (no pun) kind of thing.

Im in south florida, broward area. Davie to be specific, you from fl?

You're the only one who can decide what to do. Either you are willing to put up with it or not. There's a lot of bjj in south Florida. It's not like he is the only guy there who can make you better.

Sounds like he is an asshole to me. Don't think I would take it.

As for the goodbye incident.. that just sounds kind of wacky.

Drugs?

Nah its definatly not drugs, Just assholeness lol

Like they say at the Gracie Academy you are paying him for a service, not the other way around.

You train at ATT davie? Phone Post 3.0

I'd go see Stan Beck in Weston. Great atmosphere.

If you haven't tried to run him over with your car it must not be that bad

In Clearwater myself. It's like someone already said...it's up to u. It's give it a little longer myself if the instruction is getting u to improve. It's kind of like a new girlfriend, u got to figure out what pushes his buttons and don't do it...and you'll never win an argument. Good luck. Phone Post

It sounds like your getting better under the guy. Are you young? Are you doing BJJ to compete or just as a hobby?
Dude sounds like a ass but he's making you better. I never had a coach for any sport that wasn't an asshole most of the time.

Stay if you want to compete at a high level. Leave if your a hobbiest Phone Post

It amazes me what some folks with put up with from a bjj instructor.

Loyalty and respect go both ways. You need to explain to him what is wrong and give him a brief chance to fix it.

Or just leave ASAP. Loyalty is great but at some point you have to recognize that you are enabling bad behavior. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for all the input.. Glad I jumped on this forum. Chipsw guess your right. I want to compete and didn't get anywhere till he was my instructor. I guess at this point I don't have much to lose talking to him. At the end of the day, I love bjj and just want to enjoy training just like I did wrestling as a kid. Getting called a faggot just isn't something anyone should tolerate. Phone Post

Gianni Whitesocks - It amazes me what some folks with put up with from a bjj instructor.

Loyalty and respect go both ways. You need to explain to him what is wrong and give him a brief chance to fix it.

Or just leave ASAP. Loyalty is great but at some point you have to recognize that you are enabling bad behavior. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly. Don't support the A-hole instructors. There are enough good instructors out there who are decent people to find one.

Gianni Whitesocks - It amazes me what some folks with put up with from a bjj instructor.

^ spot on. If your instructor bullies you and it's not just friendly joking back and forth, he is wrong and you shouldn't put up with it. You are paying him to improve your BJJ, not to call you a faggot. Phone Post

Just live by the word 'OPTIONS' ....

there are plenty of good, legit, well run schools and academies. If you dont like option A then definitely try out option B. Finding what works for you financially, and what holds to your integrity is a work in progress. Its all good.