Interesting convo military guys

I was eating lunch today and the table next to me had a few military guys, a few of them were talking about going to the range. One guy says, I have a pistol I've never shot, I really hate shooting and guns in general. I found this strange for a regular infantry soldier to say.

I retired from the army in 2013 and met a lot of different types while I served. He might have just joined for the college money. It's a very common reason to join. Why he chose infantry? Who knows. Funny mid to pick for someone that doesn't like firearms.

Did he say it with a lisp? Sounds like something that would be said that way.

OG 12er - I retired from the army in 2013 and met a lot of different types while I served. He might have just joined for the college money. It's a very common reason to join. Why he chose infantry? Who knows. Funny mid to pick for someone that doesn't like firearms.
Funny mos*
Phone's killing me today. No edit feature is stupid.

How do you know he's infantry?

Maybe he's cleaned one rifle too many.

Maybe he just got it recently and hasn't been to the range yet??

I know-- it's far fetched. But possible.

Is it really a big mystery? I know law enforcement guys who won't watch a TV show about cops, don't like to shoot, and show zero sense of assertiveness in their personal life. When you do something 50 hours a week, you tend to not want engage it in your off-time.

I work in advertising for feature films, by the time these movies make it to theaters, I don't want to see half of them because the ad campaigns were a nightmare. Watching the movie reminds me of work. I do other things instead.

My lady's father is retired, he was an armor crewman and then drill sergeant before leaving service. He doesn't own a gun. His neighbors asked if he had a concealed carry permit while he was out walking his dog and his response was "if I needed a gun to feel safe in my neighborhood I would move." He feels like he served his time and wants to live out his days in peace.

I know a few guys like that, it seems to run a fairly even split between that and the ones who still keep guns as a hobby and skill. Oddly enough, PTSD seems to have no effect on which they choose. One of my friends has three purple hearts and several combat tours, he can'[t stand loud noises or crowds to the point that he sometimes has to hold a friendly hand if he is in a large crowd, but still shoots at a range nearly every day.

There are a WIDE variety of personalities in the army. It was an eye opening experience for me to go into basic training as a dumb ass 18 year old from Iowa.

I never got bored of actually shooting shit when I was an infantryman. Fired all kinds of stuff all the time. Are you sure he's in the infantry?

I've been out for years and haven't really shot much in my civilian world.

badpvtdan -

We were 10 minutes from the Ft Stewart gate, I grew up here, I recognize the uniform and the things they talk about.

jasperb - 
badpvtdan -

We were 10 minutes from the Ft Stewart gate, I grew up here, I recognize the uniform and the things they talk about.

The only way you can tell if someone is 11 series in ACUs is if they have an EIB or CIB.

White347LX - There are a WIDE variety of personalities in the army. It was an eye opening experience for me to go into basic training as a dumb ass 18 year old from Iowa.

well at least you're not 18 years old anymore....

i kid i kid

jasperb -
badpvtdan -

Yeah or if they were infantry officers they'd have the crossed rifles...hell, I think that's still true today. You'll also see 1st Batt troops at Ft Stewart but even the Regiment has non 11 series.