Interesting lawler fact

Lawler (and I say this as a huge fan) literally twice of the losses of all the other Champs combined. Lawler has 10 the others all together have 5. Pretty interesting. Phone Post 3.0

And he is still the champ. Good to see he can come back from all those losses.

The low loss count of others is a massive product of modern mma. There are so many more fighters and contenders these days that two losses in a row and you are pretty much written off. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah its insane man but it also makes me super nervous as a fighter if 20-0 becomes the norm or whatever haha Phone Post 3.0

Some people make it to the top because they are untouchable, unique athletes and amazingly skilled.

Others because they battle through adversity and keep getting back up despite the knock downs and against all odds continue to fight and persevere to win the gold.

I know which one impresses me more. Phone Post

The Mammoth - Some people make it to the top because they are untouchable, unique athletes and amazingly skilled.

Others because they battle through adversity and keep getting back up despite the knock downs and against all odds continue to fight and persevere to win the gold.

Well said VU Phone Post 3.0

priziesthorse - I count 9 losses for the other champs.
Yup Phone Post 3.0

BobSherob - And he is still the champ. Good to see he can come back from all those losses.

The low loss count of others is a massive product of modern mma. There are so many more fighters and contenders these days that two losses in a row and you are pretty much written off. Phone Post 3.0

You should be written out of contention if you lose 2 fights in a row.

Then you can build your way back up again.

The low loss count of champs shows their skill and sometimes intelligence in terms of building their careers at the right pace.

Didn't fight cans Phone Post 3.0

Clearly fought without training properly for too long, plus fought too much at MW.

Has losses on his record to guys like Jacare, Kennedy, Tanner and Babalu. Shouldn't have been fighting them in the first place.

He's been fighting twice and long as the other champs also.

Hespect. Phone Post 3.0

And a lot of those are at 185 right? Phone Post 3.0

The Mammoth - Some people make it to the top because they are untouchable, unique athletes and amazingly skilled.

I'd have to say that Robbie is a great example of both great talent and a success because of hard work. He made his UFC debut 12 years ago as at the age of 20 and correct me if I'm wrong, he did so with no real base in any grappling or striking as an individual discipline. His raw talent, athleticism, and natural true fighter mindset allowed him to excel fast and it do so however at the time that I believe fighters truly were adapting and evolving to mma fighters and not just a single discipline. Majority of those fighters had extensive backgrounds in wrestling, Bjj, etc. prior to mma. I've been a Lawler fan since I first saw him fight which was against Chris Lytle. His lack of champion level success and inconsistency was due to him simply just brawling and not using a gameplan and fighting smart. He's always had the talent and the skills and now the skills reached that level and he's embraced the strategy aspect as he's aged and matured. He's a completely different fighter and 10 losses or not he's the champ and earned it and will keep it Phone Post 3.0

4 welterweight losses the rest are middleweight if I'm not mistaken. 1 of those are a very close decision to Johnny. Phone Post 3.0

Lawler was fighting when most of the current champs were considering grad school Phone Post 3.0

That actually makes me like him more than I already did.