Interesting thing about PRIDE/UFC

For a while the UFC has been only excepting fighters with MMA experience/MMA records.

PRIDE has been allowing people to make their MMA debut. I think that PRIDE should start allow only the fighters with MMA experience and with a decent MMA records.

NO more new MMA debut guys in PRIDE, please.

I disagree. I like seeing the new guys in there. The X factors.

I'm not talking about guys like Giant Silva or Sentoryu, but guys like Ryan Gracie and Hidehiko Yoshida. Even Kharitonov was a nobody with only wins over other nobodies in just two events until Pride picked him up.

well there's a big difference between being 0-0 and being 2-0. Guys like the numerous prowrestlers with 6 months of training that you see in Pride all the time are just a waste of a spot

I think Mark Hunt will get owned. He didn't seem too sure of himself . . .

"Guys like the numerous prowrestlers with 6 months of training that you see in Pride all the time are just a waste of a spot"

I agree with that. Like I said, "I'm not talking about guys like Giant Silva and Sentoryu." Do you want me to list every single pro wrestler (or sumo wrestler) who made their MMA debut in Pride in order to make my point? I figured two recent examples would be enough.

I totally agree. Leko and Yoshi were okay because of their incredible credentials in other fighting sports or martial arts. These pro wrestlers are a joke and take the spot of a deserving fighter.

Its funny to hear on the broadcast that the, "best of the best" come to fight in Pride, and then we have newbies to mma fighting with no experience. Its laughable.

I agree except for the k-1 guys. I love to see them cross over. Pride should extend an open invitation to any of the elite k-1 fighters.

HeHateMe is correcto!

"I agree except for the k-1 guys. I love to see them cross over. Pride should extend an open invitation to any of the elite k-1 fighters."

I agree with you.

Does this mean that Tyson has to start out in Extreme Challenge and work his way up until he is eligible for Pride?

"Its funny to hear on the broadcast that the, "best of the best" come to fight in Pride, and then we have newbies to mma fighting with no experience. Its laughable."

Correct.

Now somebody gets it...

And yet we constantly see threads on here calling for WWE wrestlers to fight MMA

new guys are the only way this sport grows. fuck, for about a year (if not longer), all we've had in the UFC are the same fuckin LHWs. Not that I don't enjoy watching them, but cmon... get some new blood in there. If orgs did'nt put in new talent, we would'nt have guys like Robbie Lawler, Nick Diaz, Georges St. Pierre, etc.

totally disagree with this thread.

"new guys are the only way this sport grows. fuck, for about a year (if not longer), all we've had in the UFC are the same fuckin LHWs. Not that I don't enjoy watching them, but cmon... get some new blood in there. If orgs did'nt put in new talent, we would'nt have guys like Robbie Lawler, Nick Diaz, Georges St. Pierre, etc."

"totally disagree with this thread."

This is not what I mean. I mean Lawler, Diaz, and St. Pierre had other MMA fights before coming to the UFC. New guys are ok. But new guys should start of somewhere else, then come to the UFC/PRIDE.

"This is not what I mean. I mean Lawler, Diaz, and St. Pierre had other MMA fights before coming to the UFC. New guys are ok. But new guys should start of somewhere else, then come to the UFC/PRIDE."

Like Chuck Liddell and BJ Penn, right?

"Like Chuck Liddell and BJ Penn, right?"

A long time ago, I wouldn't of mind fighters making their MMA debut in the UFC/PRIDE. But now-a-days, I think that fighters with MMA experience, even if MMA record is 1-0 outside the UFC/PRIDE, then bringing him in to UFC/PRIDE, I don't mind.

I heard that BJ Penn competed in an Open-Hand MMA fighting competition before enterting the UFC.

Chuck Liddell made an MMA debut a long time ago. I'm taking about right now. Not a long time ago.

"well there's a big difference between being 0-0 and being 2-0. Guys like the numerous prowrestlers with 6 months of training that you see in Pride all the time are just a waste of a spot"

This is exactly what I mean.

"Does this mean that Tyson has to start out in Extreme Challenge and work his way up until he is eligible for Pride?"

If Tyson gets submitted by arm-bar like in every fight outside of PRIDE/UFC, does Tyson belong in their, NO. If Tyson KO's someone outside the UFC/PRIDE in an MMA competition, even once. I would bring Tyson to UFC/PRIDE, with an MMA record of 1-0.