Interesting WWE championship fact

For those of you who like facts, 2012 was the first calendar year since 1987 in which the WWE championship did not change hands. CM Punk has held the title since November 20, 2011 and is recognized by WWE as the sixth-longest reigning champion of all time, and the longest-reigning since February 1988.

Thank is actually pretty impressive that the WWE would keep the belt on someone that long (Punk does deserve it).

What is the most times it has changed hands in one calender year?

Did not know the dates but Punk reminds me every chance he gets :) I came back to wrestling as a fan because of him. Phone Post

1999 had 10 title changes

2009 had 9 title changes

2011 had 8 title changes

It's still crazy to me that Bruno held that title for over 7 years at one point.

DarQueHero - 

Did not know the dates but Punk reminds me every chance he gets :) I came back to wrestling as a fan because of him. Phone Post

That.

the next milestone is Punk passing Pedro Morales streak of 1027 days at Night of Champions in Sept. 2014... keke ;) Phone Post

That piece of leather and tin is coming off his waste for sure. Before WM Phone Post

^it hasn't been on his waste in awhile.. it's been above Paul E's head lately..! lol Phone Post

armbarheelhook - ^it hasn't been on his waste in awhile.. it's been above Paul E's head lately..! lol Phone Post

waste ~waist.. Phone Post

We are wrestling fans. Spelling doesn't count. Phone Post

id keep it on punk through wrestlemania and summerslam why not.