Internet Speed and wireless routers, TME

I've had ATT Uverse for about 2-3 years, and I typically get 4-12mbs download speed, and 3-9mbs upload speed. I use their equipment, and nothing is consistent. I pay for 18mbs, as that is the highest speed they offer. I've had techs out, called and complained, nothing seems to change the speed. The techs have changed equipment and channels.

Other than the fact that ATT sucks, what are my options to get a higher, more consistent speed over wifi? Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0

I had uverse about a yr ago. Terrible. Highest speed was 24mbps and their gateway was awful. Switched to Comcast, bought my own modem and router. (Rental fees I think were about 13 bux or so per month for their gateway) I pay for 50mbps (which costs about 15 less a month than I was paying for 24mbps and that's after the promotional period) and I get usually speeds of 58mbps wired and wireless. (Junction box on the pole is in my backyard, I'm 2nd house on the block) only advice I have is get rid of uverse. Phone Post 3.0

Rogans secret stash - I had uverse about a yr ago. Terrible. Highest speed was 24mbps and their gateway was awful. Switched to Comcast, bought my own modem and router. (Rental fees I think were about 13 bux or so per month for their gateway) I pay for 50mbps (which costs about 15 less a month than I was paying for 24mbps and that's after the promotional period) and I get usually speeds of 58mbps wired and wireless. (Junction box on the pole is in my backyard, I'm 2nd house on the block) only advice I have is get rid of uverse. Phone Post 3.0
I am considering this option. What router did you get? Phone Post 3.0

i dont know much

got the best recommended modem that was supposed to double the speed, and cox was gonna double the speed too

so we were supposed to get 4x the speed

i have noticed no difference. could it be my old processor?

Thanks, voted up! Phone Post 3.0

Sugarfoot -
Rogans secret stash - I had uverse about a yr ago. Terrible. Highest speed was 24mbps and their gateway was awful. Switched to Comcast, bought my own modem and router. (Rental fees I think were about 13 bux or so per month for their gateway) I pay for 50mbps (which costs about 15 less a month than I was paying for 24mbps and that's after the promotional period) and I get usually speeds of 58mbps wired and wireless. (Junction box on the pole is in my backyard, I'm 2nd house on the block) only advice I have is get rid of uverse. Phone Post 3.0
I am considering this option. What router did you get? Phone Post 3.0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006QB1RPY is the router I have. (Newer version out now) and this is the modem I have.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AJHDZSI Phone Post 3.0

It'll never be as good as wired IMO. I've got my computer, PS4, and X1 wired with Cat 6 cables. Mobile devices are the only things that use the wireless portion of the router.

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Sagiv Lapkin -

It'll never be as good as wired IMO. I've got my computer, PS4, and X1 wired with Cat 6 cables. Mobile devices are the only things that use the wireless portion of the router.

I agree. It's mostly phones/iPad, wife's laptop on wifi. Phone Post 3.0

Sagiv Lapkin -

Ok, thanks, I'll consider that as well once I get the provider changed up. I redoing my home theater system so I might as well change it all up while I'm at it. Phone Post 3.0