Internet speeds

Was gonna switch to Comcast for 150 Mbps but uverse is offering me 48mbps for half the money. I have them now at 18mbps and only notice any lag or buffering once in a while. Thinking the more than double of 48mbps should fix that or should I bite the bullet and go Comcast? Only use it for Netflix, kodi and browsing. What's the Og got?

google fiber

100mbs for $50/month

Fuck everyone. I live in the sticks, so best I can get is 5-7mbs.

I had cable for many years then I tried uverse. As soon as the 1 year was up I went back to cable internet. I could tell a big difference between the two, uverse had a lot more lag when using it.

48mps should be more than enough for just streaming content. If you're rated at about 50, and your only getting half the throughput you should let ATT know, cause that's bs.

Are you on Wifi running these tests?

Isaac298 - 48mps should be more than enough for just streaming content. If you're rated at about 50, and your only getting half the throughput you should let ATT know, cause that's bs.

No my plan right now is only 18 so I would be upgrading to 48. Coworker has Comcast and raves about it tho. 

Jhay -

google fiber

100mbs for $50/month

Don't think that's in my area. Comcast has 150 for $60

jmac2007 - 
Isaac298 - 48mps should be more than enough for just streaming content. If you're rated at about 50, and your only getting half the throughput you should let ATT know, cause that's bs.

No my plan right now is only 18 so I would be upgrading to 48. Coworker has Comcast and raves about it tho. 

you on wifi?

jmac2007 -
Jhay -

google fiber

100mbs for $50/month

Don't think that's in my area. Comcast has 150 for $60

beware what will happen to the price after the "promotion period". The price will be jacked up once x amount of months are up, so you need to keep an eye on the bills because they don't tell you when the price gets jacked it just charges you.

Speedtest.net

Had Uverse for awhile ... went to time warner / spectrum.... couldn't be happier ... I would only consider google fiber if it's in your area ... I would go to google fiber but they have not put the service where my house is yet

eubie5 - Fuck everyone. I live in the sticks, so best I can get is 5-7mbs.
This

TheHouse - Speedtest.net

I'm getting 22.24 according to that. 

Goob99 -
This
this.

i pay like 70 bucks a month for 3 mps

zackthewop -
Goob99 -
This
this.

i pay like 70 bucks a month for 3 mps

jesus christ that sounds awful lol

i'd probably kill myself tbh

On fibre and get 1 GB down and 100 mb up. My PC GB nic can't even download as fast as my Internet is. It's sweet, just sucks the promotion is done in July. I flip flop providers yearly. Who ever gives me the best deal gets my money for the next year.

First, make sure what electronics you have can even surpass a 100mb connection. A lot of computers cap out at 100 or you need to change your settings to allow higher. Also, are you using any switches ? Because if so, make sure they can also output more than 100 mb because if not .. the 150 is pointless. I use the 150 at my business and it goes amazingly smooth but unless you are doing some serious downloading/uploading/running servers at home, you don't really need to 150

Fuck Australia has shitty internet. I get average 8-10 Mbps

Can't even get 3 in my sticks

I live in Sydney and thats my best speeds. Australias internet speeds are fucked