Interview for a new job

I turned in my application Monday, got a call this afternoon for an interview tomorrow morning. I'm happy, it's the job I had before my current one. The agency(providing care for developmentally disabled adults) was previously contacted through the County, but is now privately owned. I know nothing of the new agency but other than the head people, everyone else is the same.
I hope to be working overnights and some evenings, and making more than I currently do. I know if it was still with the county starting wage was $10.51, I'll be happy with at least $10.
I feel bad leaving my daycare job though. I 90% of the time love it, but we can't afford daycare costs anymore. I haven't yet told them I was even looking for a new job. It's going to be hard for them to find someone to take over my class and my assistant director position. We are so understaffed it's not even funny, I'm the only person who is trained to close even though I've been asking for someone else to be trained for months. I got my classroom threw out recent evaluations and my classroom is completely set up to specs so a new teacher would be walking into a perfect set up.....if they can find a teacher.
I feel bad but I have to make things work for my family. Phone Post 3.0

Good luck! I just had an interview on Monday at an office. It is such a step up from where I am right now and would help pay the bills better. Don't feel bad about leaving your old job, if you need something else to hekp provide for your family then you are doing what you gotta do. I hope we both have a new job soon!

partycatstevens -

Good luck! I just had an interview on Monday at an office. It is such a step up from where I am right now and would help pay the bills better. Don't feel bad about leaving your old job, if you need something else to hekp provide for your family then you are doing what you gotta do. I hope we both have a new job soon!

That's awesome! I really hope you get it, stepping up is always nice!
Do you know when you'll hear back? Phone Post 3.0

NO, hopefully this week. I dropped off my resume and talked to the guy for half an hour on monday. He said he looks forward to talkign to me again soon. I just don't know how to wait before calling and checking up.

partycatstevens - 

NO, hopefully this week. I dropped off my resume and talked to the guy for half an hour on monday. He said he looks forward to talkign to me again soon. I just don't know how to wait before calling and checking up.

When did you drop off your resume? I would follow up 2-3 days after you dropped it off or even interviewed so they don't forget about you if they've had a lot of inquiries and it lets them know you are still interested.

Good luck to both of you!

I did both on Monday. Thing is I was sick and spaced out through the whole thing. I still think it went well but have sounded horrible since and have tried to stay away from him. I am gonna go by there after class tomorrow and make sure he got my resume and hasn't forgotten about me, I need this job! Have you heard anything on yours yet LB? And Thanks Chik!

My interview went awesome, they had different questions than when I applied last time because of the now contracting agency, but over all I think it went well.
Knowing the clients already and already having my N.A.R certification puts me ahead I feel.
Pay isn't quite what I hoped at $9.90 but it's more than what I make now and if they can give me the shifts I need then it will work. That and I was told they are a non profit where as when I worked there it was with the county(ie higher pay).

I felt bad again today at work because a new teacher that started Monday is really not working out. She was moved over to one of our other centers as a co teacher and we got the person who was the co teacher. Apparently she didn't work out over there either :( Phone Post 3.0

I went by before class this morning and talked with the guy for half an hour. He says he is all for hiring me, just has to get the woman that is there gone first. I told him I am patient and ready to work whenever the spot opens up. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long. I am gonna go next week and chat him up again.

LittleBoots - My interview went awesome, they had different questions than when I applied last time because of the now contracting agency, but over all I think it went well.
Knowing the clients already and already having my N.A.R certification puts me ahead I feel.
Pay isn't quite what I hoped at $9.90 but it's more than what I make now and if they can give me the shifts I need then it will work. That and I was told they are a non profit where as when I worked there it was with the county(ie higher pay).

I felt bad again today at work because a new teacher that started Monday is really not working out. She was moved over to one of our other centers as a co teacher and we got the person who was the co teacher. Apparently she didn't work out over there either :( Phone Post 3.0
PartyCat that's a great idea! It's hard when a manager is trying to let someone go but it's good you are patient!

Littleboots that's awesome about your interview! Non-profits can look good on a resume too! I know your loyal to your current job but dont let feeling bad defer you from getting a better opportunity. Any company is going to do what is in their best interest before their employees. You need to do the same for you to better yourself and your career! :)

Im a recruiter so any help you ladies need on resumes or interview tips etc. Let me know. I'm more than happy to help if I can :) Phone Post 3.0

So the boss ays he wants to hire me as a replacement for someone else who is still working there. So I want the job but am not counting on it. How are things on your end LB?

partycatstevens -

So the boss ays he wants to hire me as a replacement for someone else who is still working there. So I want the job but am not counting on it. How are things on your end LB?

That's awesome! Do they plan to like fire this person or are they eventually leaving?

I haven't gotten any word back yet but I was the first person to apply under this new agency. They like to do mass hiring since 3 out of 4 end up quiting or getting fired in the first month.
I just saw an advert for the agency saying they were hiring so I'll give a call the end of this week to see where things are. Phone Post 3.0

They are waiting for her to quit or may just end up firing her. I don't know...shrugs. 

Good luck!

Espoo I just got a call for the job offer!

Working nights, Wednesday through Saturday, full 40hrs!!

Now I have to go give my two weeks notice, which I'm not excited about. Phone Post 3.0

partycatstevens -

They are waiting for her to quit or may just end up firing her. I don't know...shrugs. 

Good luck!

Hopefully it happens sooner or later for you! It may suck for that person but hey, I "know" you so I'm gunning for you lol! Phone Post 3.0

LittleBoots - Espoo I just got a call for the job offer!

Working nights, Wednesday through Saturday, full 40hrs!!

Now I have to go give my two weeks notice, which I'm not excited about. Phone Post 3.0
Congrats! Phone Post 3.0

Oi, my boss(daycare owner) is trying to get me to stay. It's tempting. She's making me a deal to where I would only be paying for my youngests daycare(highest rate). After my employee discount it still is more than one of my paychecks(after half my rent comes out.

Getting paid more and getting more time with my kids win a out though.
This next month will be hard though. The company only pays monthly on the 10th and our bigger bills are due on the 1st. Phone Post 3.0

So I've been at my new job since November 19th. I did 2 days of orientation and they shoved me in that Friday. They initially were not going to start my orientation until Dec 1st! The scheduling girl freaked out and had then start me sooner because she already had me in a home lol! That was fine with me I couldn't go 2weeks without working.
It's working out well so far, I've picked up extra 6pm-10pm shifts. Last week I worked 56hrs 14 of them on holiday pay. Phone Post 3.0