Interview/job question

What is the protocol after interviewing for multiple jobs and receiving offers? How much time normally do you have to accept a position?

Interview today for 2 positions and probably another one early next week. Not sure exactly which is the best fit and won't know for sure until an offer is given.

Thoughts?

Say yes to all of them and make way more money. Eventually one will figure it out and fire you but you will have cashed a paycheck or two by then. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly, what kind of position/business are we talking about? Phone Post 3.0

You are able to ask for a week to consider any offer.

Don't play one offer against another. Don't say, "well, ABC corp offered me $114k, can you beat that?" It's unprofessional.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Mark1 - You are able to ask for a week to consider any offer.

Don't play one offer against another. Don't say, "well, ABC corp offered me $114k, can you beat that?" It's unprofessional.

Mark Phone Post 3.0
What if you said "Ive been offered x dollars, but " I like the direction this company is going or something like that and asked what other forms of compensation they have or future raises or bonuses that would make it worth it? Phone Post 3.0

Mark Phone Post 3.0
I disagree a little bit. Generally yes playing two jobs off one another for more dough looks like shit and is a turn off. But to me "playing" starts when you go back for a counter the second time not the first

Example if i really want to hire a guy, extend an offer and he comes back and says i like your company and want to work for you but company z offered me this can you match. I appreciate that and think it is in good taste. If i can afford and think its worth it i will - no hard feelings. Notice i said match, not beat. Asking for more is dickey.

But if he takes my counter back to the other company then comes back to me a second time for even more now he is playing the offers and there is an immediate fuck off from me.

Just my opinion. Good luck. Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo -

Mark Phone Post 3.0
What if you said "Ive been offered x dollars, but " I like the direction this company is going or something like that and asked what other forms of compensation they have or future raises or bonuses that would make it worth it? Phone Post 3.0
I'd tell you to get the fuck out of my office and quit waisting my time. I've got a stack of resumes of people that would do anything for the opportunity to work here.

You should be asking questions like that in the interview. Do research on the company ahead of time, know what you want and sell yourself.

"I'm very interested in working for you and making a career out of this. Can you explain to me any bonus structures that are in place, or how I'm able to grow within the company?" Phone Post 3.0

Mark It Zero - 
MrFluffyHippo -

Mark Phone Post 3.0
I'd tell you to get the fuck out of my office and quit waisting my time. I've got a stack of resumes of people that would do anything for the opportunity to work here.

You should be asking questions like that in the interview. Do research on the company ahead of time, know what you want and sell yourself.

"I'm very interested in working for you and making a career out of this. Can you explain to me any bonus structures that are in place, or how I'm able to grow within the company?" Phone Post 3.0

Sorry Zero, but you have zero clue. Most interview books will tell you not to discuss salary or bonus structures or other money issues during an interview. Don't ask those questions until after you've been offered the job. And once they've decided they want to hire you, they aren't going to be offended that you are trying to negotiate a better salary. As long as you're not a dick about it, it's perfectly acceptable to negotiate on salary issues.

Playing the two jobs against each other isnt an issue. Pay and benefits are set and they are unable to increase wages. It's for a teaching job, so everything is based my experience and education.

alley -
Mark It Zero - 
MrFluffyHippo -

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Sorry Zero, but you have zero clue. Most interview books will tell you not to discuss salary or bonus structures or other money issues during an interview. Don't ask those questions until after you've been offered the job. And once they've decided they want to hire you, they aren't going to be offended that you are trying to negotiate a better salary. As long as you're not a dick about it, it's perfectly acceptable to negotiate on salary issues.
I guess op needs to clarify the type of position we are talking about here. I would be hiring a highly specific skill set for scientific product management or technical sales so i dont have a hundred people who can do the job and im fine with a counter ad i discussed above.

Now if im hiring a janitor and you come in with a counter - as zero said - fuck off.

Funny observation - i have been looking for a few years to hire a few skilled people for two different jobs one decent but not great paying and one pretty good paying bith with good benefits and the job applicants are shit. Even back to 09/10 height of the economic mess and continuing until now. You hear about all these people needing jobs i didnt see it. Sure i had a shit ton of people applying but they were all reaching. All were chronically unemployed applying to anything (which i commend by the way) but in 4 years i didnt find a single person that i was truly excited to hire. Yes the position was very specific but point being as it relates to op - if you have a specific skill set that is needed and you are good dont assume there are 100 people that can do your job and feel free to negotiate (in good taste) the best offer for yourself - the good people hung onto their positions in the downturn and it still is not easy, in many but not all areas, to find quality people. Phone Post 3.0