Interview questions. Yoooo

Thanks in advance. I have an interview for a union apprenticeship on tues. I know one of the questions is going to be why I want to join the local. So besides the obvious of me needing and wanting a good reliable job. What else ya have to woo them over? 

They’re asking what you think union does for you over being on your own. Assume you’re doing the same work for the same client either way, then answer the question.

1 Like

If the interviewer undoes his belt and makes an obvious gesture toward his groin, just go with it. Times are tough, and they need to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

Hulk74 -

Thanks in advance. I have an interview for a union apprenticeship on tues. I know one of the questions is going to be why I want to join the local. So besides the obvious of me needing and wanting a good reliable job. What else ya have to woo them over? 

If they ask you where you see yourself in five years, don't present a vision without them in it. And don't mention school if that is something you think about.

If they ask you what your weakness is, don't say an answer like, 'Sometimes I work too hard/care too much'. It's disingenuous. Give a good answer on something that can be fixed.

Maybe let them bring up all the benefits and present yourself as someone who wants a good job and can work their way up.

Good luck.. and welcome to Safeway!

1 Like
IronHands -

If the interviewer undoes his belt and makes an obvious gesture toward his groin, just go with it. Times are tough, and they need to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

Union dues...

Kip Kinkle -
IronHands -

Union dues...

An under the table benefit.

Thanks y’all 

Interview went well. Kinda intimidating have 7 people come at me.