Introverts check in!

I guess I'll join... Phone Post 3.0

Dude, I gotta go home and get ready for work tomorrow.

I read every post but now I'm beat. Phone Post 3.0

Introverts...share my pain. My daughters 1st birthday is this weekend and people are coming from all over the place to my house. They're never going to leave. I won't be able to have peace until I sleep. Phone Post 3.0

WillD - Introverts...share my pain. My daughters 1st birthday is this weekend and people are coming from all over the place to my house. They're never going to leave. I won't be able to have peace until I sleep. Phone Post 3.0
I feel you buddy. We had about forty people over for my two year olds party a minth ago. Why did we even have a party? There is about zero chance he'll remember it anyway. Phone Post

WillD - Introverts...share my pain. My daughters 1st birthday is this weekend and people are coming from all over the place to my house. They're never going to leave. I won't be able to have peace until I sleep. Phone Post 3.0
Drink. It's the only solution. Phone Post

i lurked for 3.5 years before i finally joined a month ago. i don't know why i joined. actually I do, i need some kind of interaction and this seemed like the best option. Phone Post 3.0

That's too much sharing for me. Phone Post 3.0

Are the extroverts watching? I'm just gonna stew in the corner anyway. Phone Post

Jesus I'm exhausted from reading so many posts. I'm gonna go sew. Phone Post 3.0

Clifton_Santiago - i lurked for 3.5 years before i finally joined a month ago. i don't know why i joined. actually I do, i need some kind of interaction and this seemed like the best option. Phone Post 3.0
It's a good option fren. Phone Post 3.0

QuinTheEskimo -
I feel you buddy. We had about forty people over for my two year olds party a minth ago. Why did we even have a party? There is about zero chance he'll remember it anyway. Phone Post
I never understood that shit either. It's like taking a four year old to Disney world. Hey, you just spent hundreds of dollars for something they'll never be able to remember. Hooray! Phone Post 3.0

I would almost always rather hang out with a small group of friends or one on one than at any large gathering. Nobody has ever said it to me but I always get a Norm Pederson style greeting from the whole party when I actually do show up so they probably know it is not my type of thing and being really good friends accept how odd I am. I played several team sports growing up and always hated anything meant to bond the players together. One of my biggest pet peeves is everybody getting in a circle and putting an arm in before the game and then chanting "lets go Lions" or some shit like that.

at parties, im fine as long as there are games to be played..if im shooting basketball or playing bags im fine but if its this nonsense where we 'stand around and dick-size' or talk about work all fucking night, im out of there..drains me to no end..

sad to say but drugs are the only things that have made social gatherings more enjoyable..

who is norm pederson?

blas4ublasphemy - I would almost always rather hang out with a small group of friends or one on one than at any large gathering. Nobody has ever said it to me but I always get a Norm Pederson style greeting from the whole party when I actually do show up so they probably know it is not my type of thing and being really good friends accept how odd I am. I played several team sports growing up and always hated anything meant to bond the players together. One of my biggest pet peeves is everybody getting in a circle and putting an arm in before the game and then chanting "lets go Lions" or some shit like that.

Me too. Work had 'Fish Friday' last week where we all got bought fish and chips for lunch. Then I started feeling really agitated because the chick from upstairs insisted that we all eat this fucking fish together in the same room. Why can't I just my fucking fish on my own and read my book for lunch? It's meant to be a break from these people.

Also just told them I'm not going to the work Christmas party, not a big deal right? Wrong. You'd think I just stomped a kitten to death.

CursedHand - 
blas4ublasphemy - I would almost always rather hang out with a small group of friends or one on one than at any large gathering. Nobody has ever said it to me but I always get a Norm Pederson style greeting from the whole party when I actually do show up so they probably know it is not my type of thing and being really good friends accept how odd I am. I played several team sports growing up and always hated anything meant to bond the players together. One of my biggest pet peeves is everybody getting in a circle and putting an arm in before the game and then chanting "lets go Lions" or some shit like that.

Me too. Work had 'Fish Friday' last week where we all got bought fish and chips for lunch. Then I started feeling really agitated because the chick from upstairs insisted that we all eat this fucking fish together in the same room. Why can't I just my fucking fish on my own and read my book for lunch? It's meant to be a break from these people.

Also just told them I'm not going to the work Christmas party, not a big deal right? Wrong. You'd think I just stomped a kitten to death.

lmfao, same thing here..people lay a huge guilt trip on you if you decline their social invitations..extros dont understand that going out to socialize is like going to WORK for many of us intros..they feel hurt when we turn them down..ive maybe had 1-2 friends understand my need for solitude, the rest are a lost cause..

Don't mind me, I'll just be standing quietly in the back. Phone Post 3.0

kanotoa - I am introverted but I'm getting better. Phone Post

u speak of it like its a sickness...lol

I will just stand here and reply to questions with brief one or two word answers until you go away Phone Post 3.0

@ Bry Bry

Yeah, you're right. For them it's a night off, but for some of us it's like a punishment.

I'll happily make the effort for my (not very many) buddies, but for work, I would have got so little out of going that it just wasn't worth the mental effort involved.