Invest in a damn gi and wear it!

I like to train bjj with a gi: jacket, belt and pants. A couple of cheapskates are always trying to cut corners on this and it really annoys me. There's one guy for example who looks for every advantage and he consistently wears joggin pance or elastic banded karate bands that they are so lose they fall of the guys ass if you try to grip them. He just grins like an ape when his pants have gotten pulled down exposing his ass for the 10th time that night.

Also, the belt is a required piece of equipment. I won't train with people who won't wear one. There are a lot of half guard sweep plus hook guard sweeps that belts make easier. I wear mine so it's even in that way. To make my point once I yanked of my gi top and started training. I think I proved my point.

lol...

ass exposure is not a valid BJJ technique LOL

lol @ ass exposure bjj technique

LOL...I laugh when these guys show up to a BJJ class and stand there with their tight ass fight trunks on w/ their junk bulging out and their rashguards on, like they're ready for Abu Dhabi...I make sure to teach collar chokes that night :) Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is with the gi!!

We have another guy who comes from some traditional martial art where is was a 100th degree black belt or something. He wears sweatpants, his old Karate top (with our BJJ school patch on the back) and his Tae Kwon Do patches on the front, and NO BELT, because he can't stand to wear a white belt! People are funny!

"...and NO BELT, because he can't stand to wear a white belt!"

He's a fuckhead. Sorry, but he is.

I banned fight shorts from our club practices. There's something unnatural about them.

Angelo: Give him a blue belt to wear, then throw him in front of the hungry white belts. I had a guy wear a brown belt once (from another art). I said fine, then let him spar with a bunch of our white belts.

when someone doesn't wear a belt i try out all my scarf choke combos.

because he can't stand to wear a white belt!What a jackass.

because he can't stand to wear a white belt!

that's not a jackass! that's an ego-driven, narcisstic jerk who's gonna get all an4l when he starts making rank... good luck

I laugh when these guys show up to a BJJ class and stand there with their tight ass fight trunks on w/ their junk bulging out and their rashguards on, like they're ready for Abu Dhabi...I make sure to teach collar chokes that night :) Sweet!

If I'm wearing a gi & he's not,I've been known to use the shorts as a belt,& I had several tap outs to the super wedgie.(benzo)

because he can't stand to wear a white belt!He's an ego-driven wannabe. MAKE HIM PUT ON A WHITE BELT OR LEAVE!!

Vito,
I know what you mean man. It annoys the fu@&^$$#cking hell outta me. I hate to roll with people that don't wanna wear their gi's because they think it is hault on their game but feel it's necessary and feel a need to use my gi against me. Damn you people out their that do this. You should be ashamed of yourself if you are guilty of this.

I'm used to folks showing up without uniforms. I usually just roll with them. I hope it shames them when I tap them out and they have the advantage of not having a uniform on. It also improves my game, when they have lots of grips and chokes that I don't have.

What kills me is that it takes some of them so long to understand that they are being shamed. . .

I'm really getting a kick out of the twit who won't wear a white belt. I've taken off belts 3 or 4 times - black and other colors - and started with a new white belt. Big deal!!! It just means I want to learn something new.

'nuff said ...

i remember having a 3rd degree TKD guy show up at my judo club back home. he assumed he would line-up with the rest of the blackbelts from the bow-in. we stopped, look at him and said "sorry, but you have to line up on the far side of that 13 year old kid there with a greenbelt on. you can wear your TKD uniform and your BB here, thats fine for now, but you are a white belt in our world.

a week later he kicked somebody in newaza randori becuase the guy was staying on the ground when he stood up. in tachiwaza that night my buddy tore his shitty ass gi in two and said "wow, ive never bea tthe shit out of a blackbelt this easily before." the guy never came back.

-resnick

The reverse is also true.

In the no-gi training that we do in our gym, the occasional guy wanders in with the gi, ostentatiously making a show of tying on his blue belt. Literally the only guy wearing a gi. I choked him out with a paper-cutter choke -- surprise surprise, fella, I earned my blue in the gi too. What did he think we were, a bunch of barbarians? Then he demands to be able to "use your t-shirt against you" to which I say "sure" and take mine off.

Bottom line, respect the vibe of the place you're training. Don't be a space alien if you can help it.

Sanbrn is the correct.

What makes me really annoyed is when someone comes down and does no gi and they are used to a gi... I eventually have to tell them: 'Look, we're grappling, stop trying to undress me' as they try to pull on my shorts, pull my shirt over my head and push my collar around.