Invest in a damn gi and wear it!

If one of these guys won't wear a white belt because of an ego thing, choke them with whatever belt they have (black is the best, though).

I'm not sure these people think ahead; who wants to get their ass kicked wearing a black belt by a white belt?!

See which gi is good

http://www.createsurvey.com/cgi-bin/graph?s=12946&magic=sR7MH1IthmggtNK

There's this one big ape I have in mind who wears karate pants with an elastic waste band coupled with some kind of a kid's size karate top that will not come close to closing on his massive chest so X chokes are impossible.

It's pure and simply a form of cheating. It pisses me off.

Get a grip dude. You take this shit way too serious. Relax, take a breathe and don't roll with people whom aren't wearing what you want them to wear...

Take time to watch the clouds float by....

Kisses

I don't understand the thinking behind some of these guys with black belts in other arts. I had a brown belt in tkd years and years ago, it never occured to me to show up and wear that to bjj. Similarly, if I joined Akido all of a sudden or shotokan karate (if I stopped taking my psychiatric drugs for example), I wouldn't think of wearing anything but a white belt.

"He just grins like an ape when his pants have gotten pulled down exposing his ass for the 10th time that night. "

-

LMAO A AAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHHAHH ... hey does he use a G-string sometimes as well ??? :) must be a turn on :)

"We have another guy who comes from some traditional martial art where is was a 100th degree black belt or something."

--

LMAO now thats sum funny Sh^%!!

funny not too long ago we had a TKD guy come to our class last year... funny he never came back.

"because he can't stand to wear a white belt!"

As the instructor I would take off my belt and personally put it on him. Then proceed to have him roll with all the higher belts and have the class watch. Or give him your belt, grab a whites belt and proceed to tap the EVER LOVIN SHIT out of him.

If he wants to wear the belt then he must feel he can defend it.

there are some people who bring their single-wave TKD bullshit gis to bjj/judo becuase they just want to have a gi to wear instead of sweats.. and, im fine with that. but, be smart and dont wear your ranking belt. ask the dojo you are visiting for a WB-- they will never have a prblem with you then.

and, if the person diceides they want to train in bjj/judo then make them get an approprite gi. its the very least that should be expected.

what i hate are the arrogant fucks who think its okay to be a 100th degree BB in whatever art and bring it into a dojo that is completely different. it lacks respect for everybody else in the place and the head coach as well. assholes like this need to be taught a lesson.

-resnick

I've only done no-gi but i do own a gi just in case people want to roll in a gi :o I remember once this kid came into school when there wasn't class and was wearing a gi, so i just offered to roll with him in a Gi. It hink snbrn pretty much got it right though lol, most people know how to gauge out the vibe and play along, some get a kick out of being the odd man out it seems, others just don't get it.

Btw IMO the whole belt thing between classes can be a bit tricky, it can come off both ways. I think you should always wear a white belt unless you've earned abelt in that particular art, but you can also come off as an idiot sayign "Yeah i'm new at BJJ" only to find out you're a black belt in Judo and know how to handle yourself. Could come off arrogant either way it goes, tell them you know groundgame and it may sound like you're bragging, don't tell them and it may look like you're there to beat newbies to boost your ego.

quit complaining some guys like to train GI and no GI so wear some fight shorts and a rash gaurd under ur gi and do both quit crying.

spq...i don't think the arguement is no-gi vs. gi. I think we are all saying that when it is a BJJ class, the common wish is that you would wear a gi, since the basics of BJJ are better learned and understood wearing a gi.

Good news!!! Our "blackbelt" friend came in to class last night w/ his karate gi swinging open getting ready for class. Right off the bat, I warmed up with a sweep/drill that required grabbing the belt. I stressed the "importance" of grabbing the belt w/ this particular move :) I let him start working the move, then I went and unwrapped a brand new white belt and handed it to him and politely said..."I'm sorry, I didn't realize we didn't give you one when you started. You may need this." He simply thanked me and put it on...I can understand that it must humbling to put on a white belt after being a BB for so long, but like someone said, I'd rather be a white belt getting my arse kicked than a BB getting tossed around. After class he came up and said "Oh, yeah...I need to look into getting a real uniform too." See...Everything works out in the end...Thanks for the advice!

I love happy endings...snif, snif.

LOL

lol gaittec