Invicta breaks UStream record

Owner of UStream told radio today we were biggest pay event they ever had and we crashed their pay servers!

They broke their server alright

All of that should be anticipated. Their cheap asses have a few servers that simply weren't adequately prepared for the demand.

UStream is GARBAGE

RickStorm - 

They broke their server alright

BRB

UG - 1

Ustream - 0

Wonder what the contract stated-- did Invicta still get PPV revenue due to technical failure on UStream's part?

I hope Invicta does well.

I would rather have the million cash and no record than a record and zero cash.

I didnt even know ustream had a pay-per-view option....im pretty sure they didnt even know lol. Never again though.

Lahzerous -

Owner of UStream told radio today we were biggest pay event they ever had and we crashed their pay servers!

I bet they were breaking the UFC's free stream numbers again. Phone Post

So their record was -1?

Hunstable said the event was the most popular PPV event in Ustream history, and the traffic load was the reason for the technical issues.

"There were too many tickets being sold," Hunstable said. "We've done lots of pay-per-views over the last year, from the UFC to the Rugby World Cup to working with World Cup-qualifying soccer matches. The load of tickets being sold, we just hadn't seen a level of that to date, and that's ultimately what happened.

"I've seen the data myself. It's pretty clear that this was the most popular pay-per-view that we've seen on Ustream."

Hunstable declined to offer specific numbers in terms of paying customers, but Knapp told MMAjunkie.com that approximately 3,000 pre-sale purchases were processed and that approximately 70,000 viewers initially joined the stream once the paywall was taken down. The Invicta CEO declined comment on any potential fallout from the lost revenue.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/ustream-exec-apologizes-for-invicta-fc-failure-blames-record-demand-for-issues

So, how long before these numbers are called BS? Will we ever know how many people really watch Invicta? Phone Post