Invicta to make partnership announcement this week

Invicta on Fight Pass+TUF Mex RT : what's the word on the big UFC announcement?

how bout Invicta does another show agin.

FOX Force Five -
JustAble - Has me a lot more interested in Fight Pass, if true. Phone Post 3.0

I'd sign up for Invicta.

I assume I'd be able to watch the next day rather than staying up till 6am.
Yep. The invicta shows have been incredible. Phone Post 3.0

Either fight pass or fox

If true. I think it means less female fights in the UFC. With the major fights like Title fights. Contender fights etc staying on UFC programming. I also think by the UFC having Invicta under it's wing it gives the UFC the option to eventually drop WMMA from the UFC back to Invicta while still being able to claim they support WMMA because it's partially under the UFC umbrella. (prolly after Rousey is done) Phone Post

Still no news on this, anyone know if they have an announcement planned for this week still?

In Phone Post 3.0

Think the fightpass deal would include live shows? Or only their older content? Phone Post 3.0

So still no legit information Phone Post 3.0

Shannon Knapp worked for the UFC a long time so any deal between the two would not be shocking.

Invicta had a very wealthy investor who's family left her a large sum of money. I thought that was pretty public knowledge.

I had heard however that the original "investor" had a falling out or wasn't involved anymore... Phone Post 3.0

Greg Southworth - Shannon Knapp worked for the UFC a long time so any deal between the two would not be shocking.

Invicta had a very wealthy investor who's family left her a large sum of money. I thought that was pretty public knowledge.

I had heard however that the original "investor" had a falling out or wasn't involved anymore... Phone Post 3.0

Wasn't this original "investor" suppose to be tied to Janet Martin? If so, doubt they are involved anymore. I still think it was always backed by UFC but that's my conspiracy opinion for awhile now.

My guess is one of two things will happen now:

#1. Invicta merges with WSOF which allows them to put on 12 shows a year on NBC and NBC Sports. It makes sense for both companies.

#2. Invicta airs on Fight Pass moving forward and UFC pays for the content which allows them to operate.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens but if they want a show in June, they will have to make an announcement soon on date, location and broadcast plans of the show.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Greg Southworth - Shannon Knapp worked for the UFC a long time so any deal between the two would not be shocking.

Wasn't this original "investor" suppose to be tied to Janet Martin? If so, doubt they are involved anymore. I still think it was always backed by UFC but that's my conspiracy opinion for awhile now.

#1. Invicta merges with WSOF which allows them to put on 12 shows a year on NBC and NBC Sports. It makes sense for both companies.

#2. Invicta airs on Fight Pass moving forward and UFC pays for the content which allows them to operate.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens but if they want a show in June, they will have to make an announcement soon on date, location and broadcast plans of the show.
Correct, and I think your conspiracy theory is likely. You'll see companies all the time send an exec out to start a "new" firm, all the while developing an "acquisition" for the original company. It's good for the "founder" of the acquired company and great for the big biz because they're buying a more developed product and brand. Phone Post 3.0

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -

No. It was janet martin's gf... Gillette family. Phone Post 3.0