Invited to speak at a school for Constitution Day

So they were all ready to take the pledge for Trump... I didn't think it would be this hard to get kids to rebel.

1 Like
Fake Pie - So they were all ready to take the pledge for Trump... I didn't think it would be this hard to get kids to rebel.

That's the thing progressives don't realize, the younger generation thinks the things progressives are doing are stupid, and the younger generation is skewing conservative.

When talking with my far left progressive friends, they'll talk about how conservatives are evil, but fortunately more people are realizing that gender is a social construct, and is fluid and can change. But when I talk with kids in high school or middle school, they laugh at what the "woke left" is doing, and then tell me what Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson said about a topic.

I'm glad to see kids not following what they see as stupid, but I also want them to understand a topic and not just accept something because someone like Ben Shapiro said it

Property taxes

sicko - 
Fake Pie - So they were all ready to take the pledge for Trump... I didn't think it would be this hard to get kids to rebel.

That's the thing progressives don't realize, the younger generation thinks the things progressives are doing are stupid, and the younger generation is skewing conservative.

When talking with my far left progressive friends, they'll talk about how conservatives are evil, but fortunately more people are realizing that gender is a social construct, and is fluid and can change. But when I talk with kids in high school or middle school, they laugh at what the "woke left" is doing, and then tell me what Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson said about a topic.

I'm glad to see kids not following what they see as stupid, but I also want them to understand a topic and not just accept something because someone like Ben Shapiro said it

Had nothing to do with that. They just do what they are told in class by instinct, which is a good thing. When I said "does anyone not want to do this?" I got some speeches (very polite actually) on why they didn't like the president. Really nice kids. But then I asked so would you do it if you liked the president, and we finally got somewhere. They were like 12 though so really good I think for that age.

Next year - prostitution is a victimless crime

Black Dougie -

Next year - prostitution is a victimless crime

Someone did ask about getting pulled.over with legal drugs (in Washington weed is legal) and that turned into an interesting discussion. They then asked me what I actually do as a lawyer and after describing contracts I talked about the ethics of facial.recognition as that's a hot topic in my area. That led to better discussions.