iPhone 5s official thread.

For me - LTE works great. Much faster than the 4g that the 4S has. 5S seems to load everything faster. I'm geeking out over the fingerprint thing and the camera functions are great (use that a lot with the family).

Mostly psychological. What Apple loving nerd would have a 2 year old iPhone when a new one just came out. Hate to admit that I thought this but like really deep in my mind. Phone Post 3.0

I have a 4S and I am sitting out for a bigger screen. I don't want a huge screen but something close to the galaxy s4 with IOS is what I need.

Detachable Penis - I wanna hear someone with a 5 who upgraded to 5s chime in. Curious if its worth it. Can probably still sell this 5 for decent money and pay for the 5s but be locked in to another contract. Phone Post 3.0

Unless you can get enough money from your 5 to make it really inexpensive, I'd wait. While the fingerprint scanner and camera improvements are nice luxuries, most people can wait on them.

The biggest improvement is in the 64-bit architecture and processor speed. The speed has basically doubled. Using today's apps, most people won't notice much of a difference, if any. Two years down the road when newer apps rely on the faster processing, you'll notice. For the next year, probably not so much. So I'd wait until I was upgrade-eligible a year from now and get the next great thing.

Anyone with an iPhone older than a 5 should upgrade, even if just for the LTE.

Death and Taxes - 

I got the gray 32gb. Any of you ballers get the gold one? I bet Sagiv did. ;) Phone Post

I would have if I was due for a white face, but I alternate to keep them feeling extra new to me.

It's not nearly as "blingy" in-person as I thought they'd be. They actually look really classy.

Oh, and the iPhone 5C is the best looking iPhone ever made.

4S user here looking to upgrade soon to 5S Phone Post 3.0

MrFluffyHippo - Anyone work with the verizon website phone recycle? Online said I would get a $200 verizon gift card for my 16gb 4s. $220 for my wife's 32gb. Phone Post 3.0
It takes a few weeks, and you get an email giving you a rebate code. Next time you go to pay your bill, apply the rebate. You get the idea. Phone Post 3.0

Already a thread on this Phone Post 3.0

Upgraded from a 4S to a 5S. Instantly delighted with it. Would highly recommend. Phone Post 3.0

Has anyone bothered getting the 5C? I'm considering it since I don't feel like the benefits of the 5S are anything I'll really care about. I don't want the fingerprint scanner and I guess it has a bit more computing power but I is it really that noticable?

I'm not a huge apple fan but got a 4s for my last phone. I've got an upgrade coming up. Anyone have experience with a 5s and the latest Galaxy? I'm thinking of going back to android. Phone Post 3.0

I have a 5 and was at best buy to pick up GTA V and checked the iPhone 5s out. It was pretty fast and the finger print feature worked so fast. I wish I would've remembered to try the slow motion video. I would totally recommend that phone for 4/4s android and hardcore 5 owners that needs the latest Phone Post 3.0

blue_tape_39 - I love my 5S. The fingerprint scanner works amazingly well. It becomes fun just to unlock my phone. The camera is really fucking sweet too. Phone Post 3.0
These were the 2 things at the top of my head. It's also fast n smooth (previously had 4s). Phone Post 3.0

So, a little insider knowledge that might change some of your minds about getting a 5S, if you're Verizon Wireless customers:

The trade in prices are locked until the end of October. If you have a 5, I know the trade in' say least $200 - moving into a 5C gets you paid, and a 5S is a free upgrade! Phone Post 3.0

Has anyone ever sold their old Iphone online (not ebay/craigslist) prior to upgrading to a newer version?  I'm wanting to get the new 5s (from 4s) but don't want to spend the $199.  If i can get a comparable, or equal, amount for my old iphone, i'd do it in a heartbeat.  Just want to make sure it's legit.  i have at&t FWIW.

Gazelle.com?

at&t.com?  

glyde.com?

thanks in advance OG

Jone2tone - So, a little insider knowledge that might change some of your minds about getting a 5S, if you're Verizon Wireless customers:

The trade in prices are locked until the end of October. If you have a 5, I know the trade in' say least $200 - moving into a 5C gets you paid, and a 5S is a free upgrade! Phone Post 3.0

Unless you signed a new 2-year agreement with them when you bought your 5. You aren't eligible for a subsidized upgrade.

BeeTrain - 

Has anyone ever sold their old Iphone online (not ebay/craigslist) prior to upgrading to a newer version?  I'm wanting to get the new 5s (from 4s) but don't want to spend the $199.  If i can get a comparable, or equal, amount for my old iphone, i'd do it in a heartbeat.  Just want to make sure it's legit.  i have at&t FWIW.

Gazelle.com?

at&t.com?  

glyde.com?

thanks in advance OG

You'll get the most money for it if you sell it yourself.

I ended up going with Apple's trade-in just to get it over and done with in a single store visit. I know I left a lot of money on the table, but I'm tired of selling shit to strangers on CL.

zebers3 - 

Has anyone bothered getting the 5C? I'm considering it since I don't feel like the benefits of the 5S are anything I'll really care about. I don't want the fingerprint scanner and I guess it has a bit more computing power but I is it really that noticable?

I almost did because I really like the styling. I think it's the best looking iPhone yet.

The reason I didn't is that it's basically an iPhone 5, meaning the processor will be 3 years old by the time my new contact is up. It'll probably be running pretty slow by then.

For the record, I didn't care about the fingerprint sensor from a security standpoint either, but I ended up really liking it. I can turn my phone on much faster than I could with a swipe-to-unlock (even without a passcode attached to it). I'd say roughly 4 times faster. It's almost instant.

Mullet @ Heart -
Jone2tone - So, a little insider knowledge that might change some of your minds about getting a 5S, if you're Verizon Wireless customers:

Unless you signed a new 2-year agreement with them when you bought your 5. You aren't eligible for a subsidized upgrade.
Well, yeah - you need to be upgrade eligible. Phone Post 3.0

BeeTrain -

Gazelle.com?

at&t.com?  

glyde.com?

thanks in advance OG

I've had good luck with gazelle. They're very easy and they'll lock in the price for at least 30 days. The time to get with them is before a new iPhone drops cause the instant it does all the old models drop in value.

Amazon has better trade in prices but they only give you 7 days to get them the phone and they're much more strict about what 'flawless' means. It's common for them to downgrade your trade in price after they get your phone and find a flaw.

You might be able to sell it for more on eBay or Craigslist but now you have to deal with people.