Iphone 6 can't text to Android?

My buddy got an iPhone 6 and now he can't text me and I can't text him. Is anyone else experiencing this bullshit?

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-lawsuit-iphones-dont-deliver-texts-to-android-2014-5

Apple Has Been Sued Because iPhones Often Don't Deliver Text Messages To Android Users

A lawsuit has been filed against Apple over the issue of iPhones failing to deliver text messages to Android phones, according to Bloomberg.

The suit was filed by a former iPhone customer who alleges she changed to a non-Apple device and stopped getting messages, Bloomberg says.

The suit, seeking class-action status, was filed in federal court in San Jose, California, Bloomberg says:

Apple’s iMessage retains text messages sent from other users of Apple devices and won’t deliver them to her Samsung Electronics Co. phone running on Google Inc.’s Android operating system, Adrienne Moore said in the complaint filed yesterday in San Jose, California.

People who replace their Apple devices with non-Apple wireless phones and tablets are “penalized and unable to obtain the full benefits of their wireless-service contracts,” according to the complaint.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6623386

"You could try logging in on her iCloud account, go to the Find My iPhone application and see if her iPhone is still registered in there. If so choose to erase the iPhone and then delete it from her Find My iPhone. This seemed to work in the past as it completely disassociates the iPhone from her Apple ID and her phone number with it in the process."

It's the way your number is linked to the iMessage. Disable iMessage first and you'll be good. If he already has the phone, he can call apple and tell them to take his number off. Phone Post 3.0

Interesting. I already had my Nexus 5 and he just "upgraded" to an iPhone 6 from a 5.

MrFluffyHippo - It's the way your number is linked to the iMessage. Disable iMessage first and you'll be good. If he already has the phone, he can call apple and tell them to take his number off. Phone Post 3.0

We tried sending messages via SMS...

attjack -
MrFluffyHippo - It's the way your number is linked to the iMessage. Disable iMessage first and you'll be good. If he already has the phone, he can call apple and tell them to take his number off. Phone Post 3.0

We tried sending messages via SMS...
Hmm. I heard that was supposed to work. Must not be what I read about then. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks. Weird shit.

He just called from the apple store. We are trying to send SMS and it's not working.

Im getting this problem sending from a 5s to a 6 as well as android. Phone Post 3.0

cawsie77 - Im getting this problem sending from a 5s to a 6 as well as android. Phone Post 3.0

When he could not reach me he sent a text to my GF's 4s and that message came through.

I think this has been going on longer and might be going full blown now. For over a year anyone I try sending a text to with android phone wouldn't go through. Phone Post 3.0

WOW..pretty interesting!

Jack Carter -

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-lawsuit-iphones-dont-deliver-texts-to-android-2014-5

Apple Has Been Sued Because iPhones Often Don't Deliver Text Messages To Android Users

A lawsuit has been filed against Apple over the issue of iPhones failing to deliver text messages to Android phones, according to Bloomberg.

The suit was filed by a former iPhone customer who alleges she changed to a non-Apple device and stopped getting messages, Bloomberg says.

The suit, seeking class-action status, was filed in federal court in San Jose, California, Bloomberg says:

Apple’s iMessage retains text messages sent from other users of Apple devices and won’t deliver them to her Samsung Electronics Co. phone running on Google Inc.’s Android operating system, Adrienne Moore said in the complaint filed yesterday in San Jose, California.

People who replace their Apple devices with non-Apple wireless phones and tablets are “penalized and unable to obtain the full benefits of their wireless-service contracts,” according to the complaint.

My girl switched to a note4 and couldnt get txt from a friend they were going to her old iphone. Phone Post 3.0

So in the end they told him he needed to pay $10 a month to keep SMS messaging (that he had just canceled). He did not realize that if he dropped that he would only be able to imessage.

Microwave it. Activating the wave feature has been shown to resolve this issue. You're welcome. 

Would love to microwave them all at this point.

Download kakao talk Phone Post 3.0