Iphone 6 or Samsung Galaxy S5?

Yeah I could google it and read a million threads on other forums but since the OG knows everything, what should I get?

Changing my cell phone plan and have the option of getting a new phone and my Galaxy S3 is a bit old and has horrible battery life so time for a change.

I'm thinking the iphone since I haven't been overly thrilled with the S3 but I'm open to suggestions.

just got the 6 a few days ago.  it's a good phone but i'm not becoming a fan of the os

i think i prefer my old Galaxy S3

Love my S5! Great battery life and I'm still finding new things to use it for. Phone Post 3.0

Phone aside, is the plan I got pretty decent?

It's with AT&T which tends to be a bit more than Sprint.

Unlimited talk and text and 4GB of data for $58/month.  

iphone is more nsa friendly if you are worried about big brother. s5 you can take battery out so that you aren't tracked

Wait...iPhone 7 is on it's way out shortly.

I changed from iPhone 4 to an s5. I doubt I will go back to iPhones Phone Post 3.0

unclephilly - Wait...iPhone 7 is on it's way out shortly.

A Galaxy S6 is supposedly due out in March too.  

switched form GS4 for iphone 6 and wish I would have chosen the GS5

Since the Galaxy S5 is already big, you might as well get the Note 4!

SLOtownG - March should bring new flagship phones from Sony and HTC as well. I'm on a s4 and still completely happy aside from maybe battery life and camera. Prolly just ride this thing till the wheels fall off. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, I could probably get a few more miles from my S3 but man the battery life just sucks ass.  The camera is fine though.  

SLOtownG - March should bring new flagship phones from Sony and HTC as well. I'm on a s4 and still completely happy aside from maybe battery life and camera. Prolly just ride this thing till the wheels fall off. Phone Post 3.0

You can buy a new battery for your S4.

Dan O'Connell - 

You can buy a new battery for your S4.

I have two batteries for my S3.  The battery life still sucks ass.  

And since Apple runs a tighter ship when it comes to apps, I remember that when I had my iphone 3GS I had fewer problems with malfunctioning apps than I've had with my Galaxy S3. 

t

I've had both and honestly like both. There has been nothing I've wanted to do that I couldn't do on either one.

I guess it depends on your usage, but it's hard to go wrong with either. Phone Post 3.0

I currently have both. iPhone 6 personal and s5 for work. I love my iPhone. Always runs perfect. It really depends on what you need it for. The galaxy definitely does things that Apple can't but it's not reliable. I constantly have to reset my phone or take the battery out. If it's for personal use get the iPhone Phone Post 3.0

My question is if the Samsung phone breaks where will you take it to get fixed Phone Post 3.0

I really like my S5.

"I currently have both. iPhone 6 personal and s5 for work. I love my iPhone. Always runs perfect. It really depends on what you need it for. The galaxy definitely does things that Apple can't but it's not reliable. I constantly have to reset my phone or take the battery out. If it's for personal use get the iPhone"

That has been my experience.  With my iphone 3GS, it was pretty reliable until the battery started to crap out.   Then it got annoying because you can't just get a new battery.  But with the S3 I switched to, it's always been buggy as fuck.  Some of the same games run much slower, apps crash all the time, apps lock the cpu and drain the battery like crazy, etc...

"My question is if the Samsung phone breaks where will you take it to get fixed"

That's a big advantage to the iphone.  You can just take it to the Apple store, especially if you have the extended warranty and support plan.  

"I have both and prefer my iPhone 6 plus. It's faster and less buggy. 

I also find my s5 dies faster and I use it way less."

Like I said above, I also found my iphone to be much less buggy than my S3.   But I'm surprised about the battery life you're getting.  The S5 is rated to have a significantly longer battery life and all of the tests and reviews I've seen online from sites like Cnet have shown that to be the case.  Based on my experience with th S3, it wouldn't surprise me if you have some buggy apps that are draining the battery.  

iPhone, and jailbreak it. Phone Post 3.0