ipod touch question........

The kids just got one each, and while we are fucking around and trying to figure these things out, it would seem the camera is designed for selfies only. How the fuck do you get this screen to reverse and take a proper picture? There doesn't even appear to be a lense on the other side (opposing screen side) of the device. Am I in the twilight zone here? 

If there doesn't appear to be a lense on hte other side, then there probably isn't.

After looking at google images, it looks like there is a lense on the back side?

I assume it's like an iphone, and would be one of the buttons with arrows on it on the screen as you're on the camera.

Who would develop a camera that only has a lense pointing back at the picture taker. I understand the selfie craze of our self absorbed culture has taken the world by storm, but does Apple not think there is anyone left who may want to shoot some video or take some pictures pointing the other direction anymore? Somebody tell me this is not real life, lol!

If there is a lens on the back too, there should be a little camera flip icon at the top right of the screen. Phone Post 3.0

There is no lense on the back, there is no icon, and now my wife has apparently googled some info clarifying that this weirdo device is only good for taking pics in reverse, at oneself. Huh? 

sgotwalks -

There is no lense on the back, there is no icon, and now my wife has apparently googled some info clarifying that this weirdo device is only good for taking pics in reverse, at oneself. Huh? 

It's a sign.

You need to wear nothing but those Bruiser Brody boots and create a selfie thread on After Dark. Phone Post 3.0

Post pics of the front and side please Phone Post 3.0

I meant back Phone Post 3.0

really my ipod touch 4th gen and the 5th gens all have dual sided cameras Phone Post 3.0

A selfie cam.......and that's all ya get! Nobody else has come across this bizarro limitation?

yep 5 th gen has no rear facing cam Phone Post 3.0

PUBLICnoose - yep 5 th gen has no rear facing cam Phone Post 3.0
Bet you wish you ponied up for that 1st generation model now, eh Scott?

Seriously, that's some bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

steve jobs is rolling in his grave

and with the 5c.

sgotwalks -

What's in the black part in the second picture? Phone Post 3.0

Hocky Balboa - 
sgotwalks -

It's a sign.

You need to wear nothing but those Bruiser Brody boots and create a selfie thread on After Dark. Phone Post 3.0

Don't be silly.......that warrants the high def video camera on tripod, while the ole lady dons the Santa hat and I sport the Chewbacca mask to go with it. You know exactly how this works, and in the end I probably murder her for full effect!

Just to clarify, with ipod touch 5th gen the 16gb has no rear camera and only comes in black front with silver backs. When you switch to the 32gb and 64gb you get the rear facing camera and the ability to have color choices. It's apples way of trying to force you to pay for a more expensive product. Apple sucks.

Buy iPod to play music, buy camera to take pics? Phone Post 3.0

sockeye - Buy iPod to play music, buy camera to take pics? Phone Post 3.0

Did you just come out of a coma?

sgotwalks -
Hocky Balboa - 
sgotwalks -

It's a sign.

Don't be silly.......that warrants the high def video camera on tripod, while the ole lady dons the Santa hat and I sport the Chewbacca mask to go with it. You know exactly how this works, and in the end I probably murder her for full effect!

Then, everything will come full circle.

During Christmas 2027, a new breed of OGer will start a thread with a picture of himself wearing strange shoes, and sitting on your lap in a Canadian prison. Phone Post 3.0