Iron Maiden Singer Dickinson Treated For Cancer

FUCK !

LONDON (AP) — Iron Maiden says singer Bruce Dickinson has been treated for cancer of the tongue, but hopes to be back to full fitness soon.

A statement posted Thursday on the band's official website says a cancerous tumor was discovered during a check-up in December, and Dickinson has completed a seven-week course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.

It says the prognosis is "extremely good," and doctors expect Dickinson to make a full recovery, "with the all-clear envisaged by late May."

Dickinson, who is 56, joined the British metal megastars in the early 1980s, and is also a commercial airline pilot. Iron Maiden's hits include "Run to the Hills" and "The Number of the Beast."

UP THE IRONS !

I hope to hell it doesn't effect his ability to pronounce words when he sings.

That sucks. He's a legend.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Expected to make a full recovery...... Hoping that's an accurate assessment. Phone Post 3.0

fuck that sucks, hope he will be fine

fucking Maiden is awesome

Bruce is the man, I pray to the devil that he makes a full recovery. Up the irons.

Of all the places to get it.... Kick its ass Bruce

up the Irons

Of all the places, cancer picked the spot he can outshine any man or demon. Lol nice try cancer you fucking retard Phone Post 3.0

He's a trooper.

Fuck Cancer.

Maiden is amazing live and his voice and energy is incredible. Phone Post 3.0

True renaissance man. Rock star, great lyricist, historian, fencer ,pilot, businessman...get well soon !

I can picture him under anesthesia, almost unconscious, and screaming out to the surgeon "You take my life, but I'll take yours too!"

Richard III - He's a trooper.

Fuck Cancer.

Maiden is amazing live and his voice and energy is incredible. Phone Post 3.0

I see what you did... VU

Somewhere Gene Simmons is wiping his brow and congratulating himself on dodging a bullet. Phone Post 3.0

DaddyO4 - True renaissance man. Rock star, great lyricist, historian, fencer ,pilot, businessman...get well soon !

Amazing life. Such drive and energy.

It's like, its hard to imagine a disease can get a hold of him!

Let's face it, as fans, we don't just want for him to regain his health. We also don't want him to lose any singing prowess! Tongue cancer. I have no idea if it'll affect him later on but damn it can't be good for a singer!

get better soon Bruce. Up the irons!

From IronMaiden.com

Just before Christmas, Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson visited his doctor for a routine check-up. This led to tests and biopsies which revealed a small cancerous tumour at the back of his tongue. A seven week course of chemotherapy and radiology treatment was completed yesterday. As the tumour was caught in the early stages, the prognosis thankfully is extremely good. Bruce’s medical team fully expect him to make a complete recovery with the all clear envisaged by late May. It will then take a further few months for Bruce to get back to full fitness. In the meantime we would ask for your patience, understanding and respect for Bruce and his family’s privacy until we update everyone by the end of May. Bruce is doing very well considering the circumstances and the whole team are very positive.

Bruce then everyone else. Have seen Maiden in '88 '90 '08 '10 and '12. My favourite heavy band of all time.

\m/. .\m/ Phone Post 3.0

I can't wait to see Maiden live again. I hope they play "Wun to the Hillth!" Phone Post 3.0