IRONHEART CROWN CANCLED

No IHC... that sucks.

Yeah, no IHC will leave a void in my life this summer. Eric, let me broadcast some of your stuff over the Internet to cover up our heartache ;-)

This is a really big downer for the summer, no lie. I know for a fact that Braulio is having his heart set on a better november 2005 show. November shows always prove to be the biggest draw since it is pretty damn cold out and it's pretty warm inside ( I know there are more reasons...) Usually there are alot more tourneys in spring and summer, so we have a thinner crowd when it comes to summer shows. Less crowd=less money generated. Plus, everyone has to realize that Braulio and Moon put their heart and soul into this event, so there is no way that this is the end of the IHC. Braulio just opens his OWN school and really wants to take time to see it grow. So if an IHC is postponed, so be it. Im sure Master Bob and everyone else knows how nerve-wracking it is to do this. I know that a better IHC will surface come November 2005 because of this.

I am quite sure that Eric ment no disrespect. We are all at Team Corral more than appreciative at the fact that people like master Bob and others put forth the effort to promote this great sport. Braulio does the same. And so lets just see how this sport event goes.

This is really a big fucking bummer though. And no, there were no fake fights, just for the record, nor were there any flashy glowstick nunchuck shows by some assbag in zubazz pants.

I am Braulio's friend and assistant instructor and I here that the April Ironheart is cancelled via internet, what a punch in the scrote. (j/k)

I have competed in every tourney in the midwest, with the exception of the ones in Grand Rapids MI. I love the sport and all who put the hard earned time and energy into an organized tournament. Not only do I respect those, but admire and hope someday I will be doing the same. I can only imagine the time and sacrafices one makes to produce a BJJ event, pat yourselfs on the back and crack open a well deserved brew.

Who has been to a BJJ tourney that hasn't had an ounce of controversy? I would bet half my chips and say no one. Whether it be over points, a refs decision, or combination of weight classes. If not at the time of the event then on the UG later that week, something was probably brought up which one party didn't agree with.

I will probably referee Braulio's tourney and would like to apologize in advance for the mistakes I will make. These mistakes will have no malicious intent and hopefully no lasting effect.

See you on the mat!

Team Corral,

Aaron J Kreke

I know theres no Iron Heart but you can catch Total Fight Challenge its not better then Iron Heart but its a good time

ttt

No one here has anything to do with the ironheart, but I was there and I think that they announced that it was an exhibition match. Or maybe someone just told me that , but I dont remember. I will ask someone. but that does seem odd.

listen no one is insulting you, When I went in the lockerroom after the fight, the two of them were bleeding, one more than the other. Man you guys are fucking testy. Did you enjoy the IHC? Then what the hell is the problem? Jesus.

isn't wasn't fake, they just weren't highly skilled. have you ever seen an amateur bout? that's what it looks like.

The fight wasn't fake.

This guy named Andy Keilman is gayer than pink socks.

I have seen Aaron Kreke play bass in his underwear. It's not pretty.

I'll see you guys on monday. I am going to start training over there again FO SHO.

FIRST OF ALL... this thread was posted by Eric NEWELL, NOT Eric MOON. I can tell by the posts that some of you might think that I posted this.

Now then, Eric Newell:

Do not EVER take it upon yourself to release any information about our show EVER again. Who the hell do you think you are? I don't care if you're a student of Braulios. If you do this again, I will personally have you kicked out of any future show I'm involved with if you ever do this again.

You released this information publicly before I was able to personally contact those that we had made agreements with. That makes Braulio and I look very bad... as if we were going to cancel the show and not say anything. I appreciate your help with this past show, but you are NOT a part of the promotion. You are a student of Braulio's and a fan of the IHC. That's it. Period.

You also came on here, essentially REPRESENTING US, and in the same breath you slander Bob Schirmer, who is a good friend of ours, not to mention a long-term backbone support for our show.

You also pretty much slammed anyone else in the area who has ever done a tournament, which includes multiple jj school owners... the people who Braulio will be counting on for support of his tournament... the people who I will be counting for support of any future IHC's that I do. How dare you do this.

You have done Braulio the favor of starting his tournament off with a load of widespread bad PR. I'm sure he appreciates all the support that's going to get for him.

To all of those who were offended by this post, please understand that this guy has nothing to do with me or with the Ironheart Crown.

Moving on...

SD Jones...

That fight was NOT fixed. Like you said, we had fights dropping off the card left and right. We in the week leading up to the fight, we had enough of the card intact to hold the show, but some of the "confirmations" that we had were tenuous at best.

Charles Barron wanted to get a fight for his guy Mario, who he had nothing but praises for. I tried to find him an opponent but couldn't find a fair & reasonable match for him on such short notice. Charles requested that I allow them to fight each other.

My first reaction was absolutely not. But he assured me that they would really fight. He gave me his word, which I have come to respect since our first interaction in 1999.

I had been sweating bullets for two weeks because of dropouts on the card, and we couldn't afford to lose anymore matches.

I took a chance on him and told him that if they did not truly fight that we would not pay either of them, or use them in future shows. He agreed.

The fight was not billed as an official match. It was introduced IN THE RING and BY THE ANNOUNCER as an EXHIBITION match, and both fighters were introduced as coming from the same school. We made no attempt to deceive anyone.

As for the match itself, I believe that Charles lived up to his word. They were really fighting. They may have been fighting "nice" ...that is, not wanting to hurt each other, avoiding the face, playing a little too clean, but they were throwing down. I think that Mario didn't finish Charles with the rear choke when he could have, probably out of respect for his teacher.

And I actually think that Charles intentionally submitted to an armlock that he could have resisted or escaped only because he was trying to promote his student. Still with the above exceptions, they were punching and kicking eachother with full force, and it was otherwise a decent fight. Definitely not rehearsed, and definitely more than a sparring session.

Like I said, it was announced as an exhibition, and no attempt at deception was ever made. I told everybody who asked exactly what that match was about, which is how you know that they wouldn't get paid if it looked like they weren't fighting.

I was very happy with that fight, and while it wasn't a true official match, it was a fight nonetheless.

By the way, Eric Newell... the jj tournament will be a new venture into relatively unfamiliar territory for Braulio. The people whose tournaments you bashed are already established, familiar with the ropes, and working hard on their promotions. They know what they're doing, and they do a good job of doing it. Running a good jiu-jitsu tournament is a far bigger task than doing a good MMA show.

In the realm of jiu-jitsu tournaments, Braulio will be the new kid on the block, and you have essentially made enemies out of REQUISITE allies.

Not only that, but you have also given a guarantee of a success and superiority that is unproven, setting him up for a lot of retrospective trash talking if things don't go well.

Once again, to all those on this thread, I apologize for the statements made. They are the thoughts and opinions of Eric Newell who does not represent me, the Ironheart Crown, Braulio Corral, or any of Braulio's Promotions.

eric moon, I am very sorry that I posted the cancellation, the night before Braulio told me to. If I had known it was a problem I would have asked braulio to post himself and it will NOT happen again, like i said braulio told me to post the cancellation.
And yes you are right, these opinions of tournys are MINE and as I have stated 3 or 4 times on the thread, I have NOTHING to do with the ironheart or the jj tourny. ABSOLUTLY NOTHING. I am a no one, with opinions that mean nothing. I am very sorry to upset the people I have. I would never purposly piss people off(with the exeption of my gf,lol). And mark my words it will NOT happen again. My opions are not about anyone personally, you are all great people, and very nice people, whom I enjoy speaking with when I get the chance. once again, eric moon, I am very sorry, I am sorry to everyone, eric this will not ever happen again, you have my word on that. I hope that you can look past my idiotic post and realize that i am not actually a dick, respectivly eric newell

ttt

ttt

ttt

Eric Moon, did you stay up all night LOL

Johnny: yep... I work night shifts from 7pm to 7am, so I always stay up all night. It was slow so I jumped on the net a few times.

OK, I may have taken a few knock to the head from Thiago,but I am confused. So there is NO IHC in April. Correct?