Irvin, Family and Vera Attacked by 2 Gunman

BUFFGEO - you all wont mind if i dont believe a word of this will you
^^^

Lloyd and Brandon attended the BattleFC show on Saturday evening.

JKennedy - 
Once in the bedroom, Irvin said he noticed the other gunman was far enough away down the hall to make a move to disarm the attacker in his bedroom.

Great with another guy with a gun on his wife and kid he plays hero.

since there was no guarantee that the guys would not shoot anyway, what he did makes sense. too many stories of robbers killing people who are cooperating to predict that 'just give them what they want and they will go away'

they forgot to pull guard!

BUFFGEO - you all wont mind if i dont believe a word of this will you

Unfortunately, after being exposed to Irvin's marketing techniques, I'm going to have to agree with this. This whole thing sounds like hooey. "A master of Sambo defensive knife and gun techniques?"...OOOOkay. Sounds like a pitch for the "Lyod Irvin Home Invasion Defense Gameplan!".

If this ,against my every instinct, is a true story, then they were very lucky to get away unharmed. I'll leave it there.

First up..and on a serious note, thank God that Lloyd, his family and Brandon are all OK. I'm sure Lloyd acted in, what he felt was, the best and most appropriate manner possible and it sounds like it worked out for him. Hopefully the MDPD can make some arrests in the near future and get the guys responsible off the streets.On a more tongue in cheek note....I look forward to my inbox blowing up with "Lloyd Irvins Secrets of Sambo Gun and Knife Disarms course"...coming soon!!

I think Lloyd saving the day is the least concern anybody should have.

WTF are two guys doing robbing two badasses such as Lloyd Irvin and Brandon Vera?

Lloyd just had the better game plan.

Lloyd is the man and a thinking one at that..

brandon is a protege' of Loyld's and can handLe his own BELee DAT!! (gLad you're ok B.V)...

how f*^king dumb would you have to be to try to take on those two guys in a life or death situation...

so relieved a bullet and a dumba$$ idn't decide the outcome of this one...

respect to JaH!!

first separating the clip from the gun and then removing the gun from the attacker's hands.

Not disputing here but "separating the clip from the gun" aka Jackie Chan shit is a weird thing to do. Likely a bullet is chambered and thus ready to kill your a$$. Like I said.. not disputing the story but most people would try to get the gun and not worry about trying to drop the clip.

hugojkd thanks bro. There are a few people on here that know my backstory. I do a lot for victims rights (never feel like its enough though). I'm very passionate about this kind of stuff though.

I don't know Mr. Irvin, but I wish him, his family and Brandon well because sometimes the emotional aspect after the response is actually more stressful.

Your robbery partner heads down the hall out of site with Lloyd. Then you hear commotion and your partner starts yelling. Things obviously not going as planned.

And you are left standing guard over Brandon Vera. lmao

Priceless.

His marketing techniques are over-the-top IMO, but having trained with him, I can assure you that Lloyd is the real deal.  Nothing fake about him or his skill in martial arts.  This certainly IS a bizarre news story, but I can't imagine that the situation was fake in anyway.

ThePainFactory - 
first separating the clip from the gun and then removing the gun from the attacker's hands.

Not disputing here but "separating the clip from the gun" aka Jackie Chan shit is a weird thing to do. Likely a bullet is chambered and thus ready to kill your a$$. Like I said.. not disputing the story but most people would try to get the gun and not worry about trying to drop the clip.

As I already mentioned some (most?) semi-autos won't fire if the clip is ejected, even if there is a round in the chamber.  Based on the very short description, my guess is that they were grappling & struggling for control of the gun.  Before Lloyd was able to pry it away from him, he was able to get his finger on the magazine release.  Even if he didn't know whether or not the gun would fire without the magazine, it's a smart thing to do.

Sijan - 
ThePainFactory - 

As I already mentioned some (most?) semi-autos won't fire if the clip is ejected, even if there is a round in the chamber.  Based on the very short description, my guess is that they were grappling & struggling for control of the gun.  Before Lloyd was able to pry it away from him, he was able to get his finger on the magazine release.  Even if he didn't know whether or not the gun would fire without the magazine, it's a smart thing to do.

I have no clue how many guns I own... more then a few. I grew up with guns and shooting.

99 percent of the auto in circulation WILL fire with the clip removed... That is FACT!!

Article about Glocks that mentions their ability to fire with the click out. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/729088/posts Glocks are kinda popular these days.

Browning (and browning knock offs) make some guns that will not fire if the clip is removed but these guns are not that popular..

Colt pat 1911 is a very popular and reproduced gun. I have seen one that would not shoot with the clip out. The most sold hand gun ever it the Ruger Mark series, I have never seen one of those that would not shoot with the clip out..

Bro.. respect but you are just wrong... Some guns are made that will not shoot with the clip out but they are few and I certainly don't believe he took the time to investigate whether or not it would fire with out the clip..

Peace... Im going to go shoot the he!! out of something.

Wow, that f-ing crazy!

Thank God they're ok.

Until you are in that position yourself, you have no right to say anything about how Master Lloyd handled it...

Go back to commenting on the 400 Seth vs. Kimbo threads that all you fucking wannabee noobs seem to love so much!

On another note, thank god Master Lloyd, family, and Brad are all safe and nothing happened to them!

I know Lloyd is over the top with his marketing, but to imply this is a sales pitch it pretty insensitive. I'll wait to hear the whole story.

DiscoNfrno -
Mr_Lombardo - dumbest shit ever

his wife could of got murdered

while he was playing hero

give the man the money and

dont be a fuckin douche roller
If he hadn't done anything they could have all been raped, tortured, whatever. I may die, but I'm not going down without a fight if given a chance.

On a side note, is worrying about dropping the magazine out a great idea since there is still one in the chamber?

QTF

hard call to be put in

He should buy a dog

Seriously best deterrent's ever

David@AccutestMi -  Go figure, Vera did nothing in this fight either.

lol. Could you imagine if this had happened 2 years ago??? j/k

Not sure if I believe the story or not, but it is comical that these two guys picked the wrong house to rob.

That is an impossible situation as a father of 3 I have always wondered what I would.

Theoretically my goal would be to engage and distract the bad guys while my family escaped. Even if I died it would be worth it.

Who knows