Is 250K really too much for Barnett?

Come on, UFC. Barnett is an iconic heavyweight, former UFC champ, and a legend in this sport. Easily worth 250k per fight.

I have a feeling UFC is going to drop the ball with him and just offer him peanuts and he'll go elsewhere. Barnett in the UFC again would be amazing and add a lot of excitement and depth to a shallow division. UFC really needs a guy with his marketability and ruthlessness. Phone Post

Yea too much baggage. I think Dana's ego will get in the way as well. It's a shame, he's top 5-6 easy

Barnett isn't worth 250k, if you solely look at accomplishments then, yeah 250k is fine. But to make that much the company needs to benefit from you with their sales, and over in the UFC I don't think there are enough people that are aware of Barnett and be willing to pay money to see him. Expect that contract to be changed significantly. If it even ends up getting picked up that is.

There is a nice beauty of an * next to his championship and no he isn't worth 250K you know how many guys better than Barnett in any division makes less than that? 75K is what he deserves and add a 75 win bonus. Also giving out 250K to a guy that isn't really known outside the hardcore fan base isn't a great move

But i would like to see him back in the UFC there is just no way in hell he is getting 250K

didn't they cut Miguel Torres (besides the twitter thing) because of a money issue, getting paid too much and losing or somthing like that. I think Barnett deserves to be in the UFC and it's really rare that a fighter like him fights for 15 years and keeps his shit together. LETS GO WARMASTER!

Not worth it at all, hes a loose canon, that sound like an idiot on the mic.

250K a fight is too much IMO

Cain gets 200 a fight?

Josh has no mainstream fanbase, and yes he would win fights and do well, but he isn't a huge draw, and he runs the risk of popping for juice again.

Tap In - Yea too much baggage. I think Dana's ego will get in the way as well. It's a shame, he's top 5-6 easy

On MMA fighting they had him 9th, behind (get this) Big Foot......

When i saw that i knew he wasn't going to the UFC.
Sad

Has anyone heard if they are even talking?

Barnett is not worth 250k, maybe, MAAAAAAAYBE 80-100k but that's it. If he won the HWGP then yea, he would have leverage but guess what? He didn't. He got dominated.

Plus only hardcore fans really know who he is. I had to explain him to my friends the other night and they are your casual UFC followers.

And he got popped for roids 3x. He quite literally has zero leverage. UFC's HW division is not as shallow as it once was.

TL;DR - Barnett is not coming to the UFC unless he takes a major paycut. Which he won't. So Pride dickriders will have one last fighter not in the UFC whose nuts they can cling to.

I am a fan of Josh, but he is not worth 250k in 2013.

They will prob offer him 75 / 75

"So Pride dickriders will have one last fighter not in the UFC whose nuts they can cling to."

LOL

What's the UFC's alternative?

Let Bellator buy him for 250K per fight so he can keep their company somewhat relevant for the next couple years?

Let him and Rampage start there own show where they just stand in front of one another punching eachothers faces and cutting promos. Good riddance. Phone Post

I can't remember who it was that said it in a thread a few days ago but Barnett is primarily of interest to those of us who have been watching the sport for a decade plus. The new TUF-generation of UFC fans won't know who he is for the most part so there's going to have to be a lot of resources put into marketing him. This means that an initial investment of $250k is probably a bit much from the UFC perspective.

He is worth 250k at least. Phone Post

You are shock! Phone Post

Vidz - Barnett isn't worth 250k, if you solely look at accomplishments then, yeah 250k is fine. But to make that much the company needs to benefit from you with their sales, and over in the UFC I don't think there are enough people that are aware of Barnett and be willing to pay money to see him. Expect that contract to be changed significantly. If it even ends up getting picked up that is.

This is silly. Barnett will have great fights with top 10 opponents for the rest of his prime. DVD sales, broadcast dollars (both live and in perpetuity) and pay per views. What are you talking about? Not to mention that for every Barnett there is near top 10 guy who will make much less and balance the scales of overhead pay, at any given time. Phone Post