Is Africa hopeless?

Please keep all negative racism off this thread. This is not meant to be a racial attack. After reading about the heartache and suffering of many Africans I started thinking, "what if I was in that position".. and then I came up with an idea.

My question is: If white people or Asian people "evolved" in the troubled parts of central/east/west africa would they flourish? The reasoning I have for why things are so poor over there is the lack of resources available to establish a functional and flourishing society. Most of what I believe is based on Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs and Steel". Many africans are very hard working people, but a high percentage of African immigrants in Europe are also thugs and criminals.

I understand that the only resource that the white devil has tried to steal from these poor areas in Africa is labor. So this, in itself, says that whites did not care for taking over the land in most parts of Africa. But what if the white or asian race originated in Africa? Would things be different over there?

lol@alxholic.

demonsloth, read Guns, Germs, and Steel.

If Africa is hopeless then the UN should setup an immigration program that transplants Africans to a location where they have a chance to survive and turn the hopeless parts of Africa into a giant wildlife refuge. Any Africans that choose to stay are welcome to.

"demonsloth, read Guns, Germs, and Steel."

I did. re-read my post. But that book is not the final word on the potential for success in any scenario. It is just an educated guess on how certain events have transpired.

colonial powers destroyed that continent.  they carved it up into pallatble peices for resource and labor extraction with no attention to tribal issues. 

they took a non-industrialized people and forced them off of farms and into cities with use of hut taxes and head taxes

they, then, left the country in shambles with puppet leaders who were there only to continue more of the same

China is investing heavily in Africa, they know what is up.

"China is investing heavily in Africa, they know what is up."

Please elaborate.

they have to get in on the raping of that continent if europe did.

"they took a non-industrialized people and forced them off of farms and into cities with use of hut taxes and head taxes

they, then, left the country in shambles with puppet leaders who were there only to continue more of the same"

CUO, so do you think that people in Africa were happier in tribal society with no access to modern technology and medicine?

"they have to get in on the raping of that continent if europe did."

I respect you for not excusing colonialism by non-Western powers.

"CUO, so do you think that people in Africa were happier in tribal society with no access to modern technology and medicine? "

i think it should have been up to them to choose it.  they were forced into it by greedy european countries trying to expand their empires and find natural resource havens.

Please elaborate.

While certain countries write Africa off, China is all over Africa investing heavily, making trade agreements, and creating international good will and influence.

They see an opportunity...

demonsloth - some of the medical issues which afflicted the Africans (and made western medicine necessary) were brought on by the European colonists. Tribes were forced to give up one way of life in exchange for another and this resulted in dramatic changes in diets which in turn led to dysentery and other illnesses since they started eating foods that they were not accustomed to eating.

Africans could always revert back to tribalism if they wanted to.

IMO, if whites or asians orginated in Africa they would have migrated east and west and lived off the ocean, and spawned civilization using the sea as their primary natural resource, developing a relatively healthy civilization when compared to africans. There is also alot of fertile land in Africa that would have been cultivated and used efficiently. IMO there is an inherent gene in africans that prevented them from voluntarily developing healthy societies and instead lead them to continue their tribal existence.

china is treating it the way the western colonizers did. none of this window dressing of paternalism.

come in, get the resources, buy who you have to buy, get out.

nice and neat.

"Tribes were forced to give up one way of life in exchange for another and this resulted in dramatic changes in diets which in turn led to dysentery and other illnesses since they started eating foods that they were not accustomed to eating."

This has also occured in other areas of the world that are far better off than Africa. Even colonists experienced plagues and malaria which did not prevent them from taking over and expanding certain parts of the world.

"yeah, they'd be black "

lol

The Chinese bosses treat their African workers like shit. The Africans now hate the Chinese. There is no good will there.

china is treating it the way the western colonizers did. none of this window dressing of paternalism.

you mean treating it like business, not the white man's burden