Is Apple a CopyCat company???

why so cool?

"Apple Is A Decade Behind Japan's Mobile Payment Curve

Apple's proud announcement that its new iPhone could be used to buy goods in a single swipe left customers non-plussed in Japan, where mobile contactless payments have been normal fare for a decade."-----

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-is-a-decade-behind-japans-mobile-payment-curve-2014-9#ixzz3I1sQFt00

Well i remember there were blackberrys.

And then apple came out with the iphone and then every other phone started to look a lot like the iphone.

It was. Then it was an innovator for a good 10 years. Now they have lost their drive and inventiveness and are just copying trends. Phone Post 3.0

Copycat or not, what Apple has done is take what Japan has enjoyed for the last decade and shared it with the World. Japan has not shared it with anybody in that time. Phone Post 3.0

Brockback Mountain - Well i remember there were blackberrys.

And then apple came out with the iphone and then every other phone started to look a lot like the iphone.

there were other smart phones way before the iphone. I had a windows CE phone years before the iphone.  They just called it more of a mobile palm device but its the same thing

Its Apple's history.

Innovate, be close minded, get passed, play catch-up, fall.

It happed before and we're seeing it again.

First you need to have an infrastructure to even run a payment system and that's not something for apple to dictate.

Secondly you need to create desire to use the technology. Google wallet has been around and not as widely used so now it's up to apple to bring front that tech in a way that people will choose to use.

Let's not forget it's not just that Japan has cool technology for the sake of it. It's that their public has a unique fascination and desire for the latest oddball tech which means companies are innovating at a much higher pace where as in America; science, technology are much more limited to video game consoles, computers and phones.

Look at tesla they have innovated and taken a gamble the infrastructure isn't there and the desire is not as strong as they need it to be.

Yes.

Look up Dieter Rams and his designs.

Apple pay is also behind ATT and Verizon joint NFC payment

They operate on the practice of letting others act first. It's the First Move Fallacy you see in game theory lol

JoeTheWildRover - 

there were other smart phones way before the iphone. I had a windows CE phone years before the iphone.  They just called it more of a mobile palm device but its the same thing

Talking to yourself? Forgot to switch screen names?

I heard Apple might fall from being the most valuable company in the world to the second most valuable.

#AppleEpicFail Phone Post 3.0

I No Kung Foo - 
JoeTheWildRover - 

???

JoeTheWildRover - 
I No Kung Foo - 
JoeTheWildRover - 

???

Nice catch

JoeTheWildRover - 

Huh?

They're a company that sees the potential in other products then concentrates massive resources and design skill into making very desirable versions of them. And usually ends up owning the space they moved into.

The Apple IIE, Mac, iMac, iPod, iPhone, and iPad were all things that others had done but done badly. The Lisa is an interesting case of Apple genuinely trying to push the envelope but failing.

OMG

Jesus invented paper money, is Murica just a copycat?

Tonight on 20/20...I mean 60 Minutes.

I believe he just made this real easy on the mods, lol

Why reinvent.the wheel?