Is Apple Still COOL or is it Old Tech now?

is Apple still COOL or is it Old Tech Now?

The iphone 7 was super underwealhming and didn't deliver on the hype really, especially with their awful headphone idea.

I think the iPhone is dying out.  I love the Macbook Pro.  Most PC laptops just feel cheap compared to them.

karasu -

That's like asking if a Karabu thread is still a BIG WIN or been destroyed by the Haters Corps?

Phones have peaked already. Phones from 2-3 generations ago are essentially the same from a user experience standpoint as the latest generation. It's time for a disrupter. There will be a game changer. I don't think it's smartwatches either, I'm not quite sure what it is. It might be out there already.

Maybe somebody will release a much simpler phone that has a battery that lasts days or a week instead of half a day to a day. 

Or maybe it won't even look like a phone, who the hell knows. 

karasu Steve Jobs has been dead for over half a decade, what do you think?

Apple is looking waaaaaaay further than most people think. With the amount of cash they're currently sitting on I'd imagine they have a master plan. They have more cash than england and one other little euro country combined. They'll move heavily into augmented reality, transportation, and production of tv shows/ movies. 

LOL @ 'dying out'. They just sold over 50 million last quarter. 

Apple has 776,500,000,000 reasons to be cool.

Microsoft is making a ComeBack maybe next it will be XEROX and NOKIA!

Bill Gates: Apple, Microsoft copied Xerox

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates during an Reddit Ask Me Anything chat Monday tried to put an end to the long-running debate by saying that the companies didn't copy each other, but rather leaned on Xerox Corp.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/money/business/2017/02/28/bills-gates-apple-mirocsoft-copied-xexox/98519104/

Jobs also talked openly prior to his death about getting a firsthand look inside Xerox's research facilities, leaning on what he learned to develop Apple-----

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/money/business/2017/02/28/bills-gates-apple-mirocsoft-copied-xexox/98519104/

Look at every single popular chick on Instagram with a selfie. They're all using iPhones. So are their 100s of millions of followers.

I use android fwiw.

Hashtag - Look at every single popular chick on Instagram with a selfie. They're all using iPhones. So are their 100s of millions of followers.

I use android fwiw.

you mean XEROX phones?

Hashtag - Look at every single popular chick on Instagram with a selfie. They're all using iPhones. So are their 100s of millions of followers.

I use android fwiw.
Yeah, I never thought off that.

Jayn200 -

Phones have peaked already. Phones from 2-3 generations ago are essentially the same from a user experience standpoint as the latest generation. It's time for a disrupter. There will be a game changer. I don't think it's smartwatches either, I'm not quite sure what it is. It might be out there already.

Maybe somebody will release a much simpler phone that has a battery that lasts days or a week instead of half a day to a day. 

Or maybe it won't even look like a phone, who the hell knows. 

I think Google was onto something with Google Glass, it was just too early.  I think a HUD like device (like Glass) is next.

karasu -

They can't be old tech when they are producing new tech. They're doing fine market-wise.

in the us apple is dead

in china there popping, china, south korea, japan, iphone is big

5 years ago every average joe that couldnt afford one had one, now, no one does, here.

I never see iphones anymore, everyone has some android

Agree with the comment about Apple having a long-term focus way beyond mobile devices and laptops.

Ditto for companies like Facebook, Samsung and Google. These companies are all balls-deep with VR and augmented reality now. The phones they release yearly with marginal upgrades are to keep shareholders happy and add to the coffers. But if the curtain were pulled back, you'd likely find these companies doing heavy R&D into shit you'd think was out of a scifi flick.

In regards to it being "cool", yes. Apple is perceived as a prestige brand worldwide and there is a strong demand for their products, which their standing as the most profitable company in the world reflects.

Their branding is brilliant, and the "cool factor" is a huge part of their appeal. This is why you don't see celebrities and social media 'influencers' taking selfies with the LG G6 unless it's a sponsorship.

Apple also kills Samsung in phone sales revenue, esp. when it comes to premium phones. If someone is buying Apple, they are likely not going for the iPhone SE. Meanwhile with Samsung, there is a whole bunch of budget options to choose from under the Note and S lines.

http://bgr.com/2017/02/03/apple-vs-samsung-sales-2016/

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-vs-apple-galaxy-iphone-smartphone-revenue-chart-2017-2

And it's not "old tech" either. While their hardware is not as technically advanced as some competitors, they still put out a product that strikes the right balance between being dumbed down enough for your grandmother to use to being competent enough to be competitive in the market. And nobody has an ecosystem like Apple's.

Is there superior tech out there for consumers? Absolutely. But has it caught on like Apple has? Not really.

Saying Apple is "dead" in the US is also simply false. Apple phones outsell competitors in the US and they have also experienced growth in key European and Asian markets.

http://www.businesspress24.com/pressrelease1479656.html

And while Apple are far from the largest PC vendor out there in terms of units in the wild, they are still able to rake in profit like crazy because of being able to sell mainstream hardware at luxury, boutique prices. A company like Dell can ship around twice as much hardware, but Apple eats their lunch when it comes to reveue and profit because it takes two to three XPF 15 sales to match the price of a single Macbook Pro.

That said, fuck Apple. I'm an Android guy through and through. S8 Plus or bust!!!!

They need to work on Siri... it sucks bad ... everything else about the phone is damn near perfect .... 

Hipsters like macbooks, computer dudes like real laptops. It astonishes me the apple computers are still around...

"Do you want to play twice as much for the same performance, a shitty OS, it will be an utter pain in the cunt to change hardware, and you wont be able to run 50% of software... Its silver and looks all hispter!"

Hipster - Sure!

Anyone with 1/2 a brain - Err no thanks!