Is Bellator making a profit?

How do they make money? They don’t get ratings, don’t think they sell out many shows and they don’t have ppvs. How much longer before the ufc winds up buying them?

I wish we still had a promotion in a ring

2 Likes

Idk but Saturday night is the card of the year so far.
I’ve cared less about business models & more about street promotion in an effort to give better shows more attention.
The best cards & tournaments have been outside the UFC since they stopped the tournament format.

Because they do have viewer’s and do sellout shows and your opinion on Bellator is outdated and wrong that’s how.

6 Likes

Viewers on showtime you mean? Last I heard that they end up giving away tickets to some shows . I’d love to know the profit margin that bellator runs

I have always liked bellator and want them to stay around

They probably launder money or sth. They must have burned through a hundred million by now

I cornered in Bellator in a high school gym in a shitty Nocal town. The tv
Made it look like a big show.

Sounds superior to small show UFC apex imo

2 Likes

Its hard to be a Bellator fan. No promotion and stuck on Showtime. They really need a “countdown” type show

1 Like

They dont have good prospects, upcoming stars, interesting personalities
They have Yoel that is 60yo and prob will retire soon

1 Like

The thing about the JMMA organizations is they were always able to build stars for that market. Even today with JMMA being much less popular in Japan, they have still been able to build stars like Asakura.

Take an org like KSW, they have been able to do pretty big shows and make KSW even more popular in Poland than the UFC and Pudz and Khalidov have had stardom there. Heck KSW holds the European MMA attendance record, not the UFC.

For whatever reason, Bellator under Bjorn or Coker and with all the Viacom money, has just never been able to build stars.

There are Bellator fighters like Patricio Pitbull who would be so much more “over” as a star in MMA if his career happened in another organization.

1 Like

One Championship is in a ring

1 Like