Is Big John The Worst Ref Of All Time?

Aside from some of the worst stoppages of all time(fill in the blank here)...

This guy tries to outshine the actual fighters. Nobody is paying to watch you BIG JOHN! Acting all tough, "LET'S GIT IT ON!!!!!!!!" Remember in the old days when he'd actually football tackle the fighters? He's ruined many great career defining KO's with his dufus antics. Chuck is shaking his head right now watching his classic fight with Randleman... just as he follows up Randleman with some GnP after that beautiful left hook. Here comes the thunder stealing clown big John rushing him like a defensive end and hauls him across the cage. His big KO moment is forever over-shadowed by that obscene over-action. I'm sure there are a couple of fighters who would love to tee off on his tiny head.

Yells way too fucking loud when he wants fighters to change positions. So I actualy notice myself watching him yell out shit.."YO BRET! DONT PUT YOUR FINGERS IN THE FENCE."X 10... Ref's actions are supposed to be seamless with the action. I'm not supposed to notice this guy there.

Get this guy out of there.

nuff said

Worst ref in the world and in history was from UFC 1, first fight, where Gerahrd knocked that sumo's tooth out with a kick and both fighters just looked at the ref like, WTF?!?! What are the rules of this damn thing?!?!!?

he should have moved on when he said he was gonna move on

his grandstanding is annoying

Couldn't disagree more

Users with different screen names with identical IPs on this thread.

<<back

D0N Johnson

Keith Keizer

<<back

NOTE: it is possible to have the same IP and different screen names if users are sharing a computer or using certain types of networks

worst ref ever??? seems unlikely...have you see the ref that pokes fighters in the eye before fights and raises the arm of the wrong fighter after the match...are you saying Big John is worse than that?

Big John is the best.

Kirik -  Big John is the best.

no Earl Hebner is

Kirik -  Big John is the best.

Agree.

Icee is the best in the NW imo though

He's the best

Oh, maybe I should have actually read all the posts. Maybe not

Bunnymonster -  

Users with different screen names with identical IPs on this thread.

<<back

D0N Johnson

Keith Keizer

<<back

NOTE: it is possible to have the same IP and different screen names if users are sharing a computer or using certain types of networks

Hahaha I like the subtlety of this. Voted up!

Compared to who? Big John is the best!

Yes he is!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone watch Sakuraba vs Conan & Bustamante vs Lindland!!!

latinthunder - Yes he is!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone watch Sakuraba vs Conan & Bustamante vs Lindland!!!

ding dong!

OldManMinerva - he should have moved on when he said he was gonna move on

his grandstanding is annoying

big john is the best

solidsnake - Worst ref in the world and in history was from UFC 1, first fight, where Gerahrd knocked that sumo's tooth out with a kick and both fighters just looked at the ref like, WTF?!?! What are the rules of this damn thing?!?!!?

Back then I believe refs couldn't stop fights..