Is Big John The Worst Ref Of All Time?

Kirik -  Big John is the best.

the king has spoken!!!!end of thread...

BzGrappla - Member Since: 5/26/09

nuff said

He is not as bad as Mazzagatti. Sure, he is full of himself, but still a very experienced and widely respected referee.

Great thread! I couldn't agree more. The UFC should have gotten rid of him years ago. I never could figure out what the fack he was thinking when he threw those flying tackles on fighters. Strikeforce can have him.

Also lets not forget how he fucked TK when he fought Bas or Genki Sudo vs Bang! Also how he fucked up both fights between Mezger & Tito! Big John is loved and respected b/c he is old school and was UFC mascot. He has 10x more exp then other refs yet he is still sucks.

I never liked the guy.

I think Big John is the best in the business. He has more mma knowledge than you could even imagine.

He is one THE best...

ref enough fights and you'll have some mistakes.

Which ref doesn't?

mr nemo - I never liked the guy.

He does think he is the star of the show. Really happy the UFC dont have him anymore,

Rosenthall is better anyway

These threads always come up now and then and I always have to say " I always support Big John " He is the best!! You better reconize.....Gary Myers

Jed - Great thread! I couldn't agree more. The UFC should have gotten rid of him years ago. I never could figure out what the fack he was thinking when he threw those flying tackles on fighters. Strikeforce can have him.

jesus Jed...The athletic commission hires the referees, not the mma organization putting on the event...this isn't WWE.

I wonder if Kirik bribes the trolls to start this attention whoring just to get mudnamers like me to buy a blue name just to vote down this kind of stupidity,

He isnt the wrose but he isnt the best either.

Bully Beatdown is about right for him.

Could not agree more with this thread

GC111 - 
solidsnake - Worst ref in the world and in history was from UFC 1, first fight, where Gerahrd knocked that sumo's tooth out with a kick and both fighters just looked at the ref like, WTF?!?! What are the rules of this damn thing?!?!!?

Back then I believe refs couldn't stop fights..

Correct.

VTFD.  And that's all I have to say about that.

lol I agree.. Remember when he broke Brian Johnsons nose? he was like WTF???

John Donaugh from extreme fighting was the best.

D0N Johnson - I don't think Brett appreciated Big John holding him down after the stoppage to make the stoppage look worst than it is.

idiot or troll?

Back when Big John was reffing UFCs, the UG constantly called him out as being a terrible referee.  Now that he's been gone for a while, there's a serious rose colored glasses thing going on.

I never thought he was that bad, although the Bustamante/Lindland thing was the single dumbest referee move I've ever seen - and in a championship fight!

RaepChoke - 
D0N Johnson -  So I actualy notice myself watching him yell out shit.."YO BRET! DONT PUT YOUR FINGERS IN THE FENCE."X 10... Ref's actions are supposed to be seamless with the action. I'm not supposed to notice this guy there.

He had to tell him 10x cause the fool wasnt listening and still continued to grab the fence, and kept on grabbing the fence after being told 10x not to

At that point, he should break them and restart in the center of the cage. It's not overly disruptive to the fight, and prevents a fighter from gaining advantage by cheating. That will put an end to it real quick.