Is BJ Penn still using Marinovich system?

he was unbeatable when he was jumping out of pools

In.

Didn't BJ say that the workouts with the brothers left him that smoked that he couldn't do any other sessions that day?

On the one hand, he has a point. But man, if that's what those sessions turn BJ into, then he should have never stopped doing them.

'Train hard, Fight easy' as they say.

hmm I would have thought the recovery time would be faster compared to doing weights etc

Wasn't he doing weights with those guys as part of his training?

I've had many brutal sessions involving weights and still got my arse to the next session that day. Pretty sure BJ could do the same.

hubris - hmm I would have thought the recovery time would be faster compared to doing weights etc
The nervous system takes a lot longer to recover than the muscular system. You can get over trained faster using plyometrics and explosive training than you can regular weight training. Phone Post 3.0

The Tiger Man - He can do whatever he wants. Frankie has his # Phone Post 3.0

I think this may be true.

I would have, if I was BJ, came back @ 155 and faced someone like Varner or Cerrone in my first fight. Nate in the second, and then maybe a fight with Thompson.

The Tiger Man - He can do whatever he wants. Frankie has his # Phone Post 3.0

Except for the first fight where BJ won.

Tilla - Wasn't he doing weights with those guys as part of his training?

I've had many brutal sessions involving weights and still got my arse to the next session that day. Pretty sure BJ could do the same.

So you think your a harder worker than one of the greatest fighters of all time? One of the few clean guys in a sport where the average locker room is dirtier than a Charlie Sheen party?

Lanceness021 - 
Tilla - Wasn't he doing weights with those guys as part of his training?

So you think your a harder worker than one of the greatest fighters of all time? One of the few clean guys in a sport where the average locker room is dirtier than a Charlie Sheen party?

It was tongue-in-cheek, dude...

Besides, BJ isn't exactly know for his work ethic/dedication, is he?