Is BJJ just Catch with guard & guard passing?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't BJJ the same thing as Catch except with guard and guard passing?

In official Catch matches, did catch have guard passing or not?

Did catch have guard playing at all?

If not, why?

And if not, when exactly did Catch ad guard work and guard passing to the system?

Do you still have that silly Dark BJJ site or whatever it's called? 

"The guard is for whores"

RavenFighter - Do you still have that silly Dark BJJ site or whatever it's called? 
Dark Planet Catch Wrestling?

Are you asking with an agenda?

JM - Are you asking with an agenda?

Agenda?

All I know about catch is that it was around in the states way before BJJ, then it turned into Pro wrestling.

I heard that Catch rules didn't allow for guard work so that would mean no guard passing either, but that's just what I heard, I'm not 100% sure about it.

Is there any catch matches on youtube that shows non worked matches? 

The whole Dark Planet Catch Wrestling thing was just part of an internet soap opera drama that I had going about 6 years ago. That was actually the end of the saga, the beginning of the soap opera had me going back to the gi and finding Jesus. I called that style "Kingdom Rio De Janeiro Jiu Jitsu". Then after getting several death threats from the IBJJF I was forced to leave the gi again, then joined the church of Satan and formed a school called Dark Planet Catch Wrestling. It was all a joke :)

Yeah I'm pretty sure that you can win by pinfall in catch so there would be no need to pass guard if you could just hold the other person there. 

posted this awhile ago, you may find it interesting?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1726556&page=1&pc=7

I've always wondered the exact same thing.

If you are going to call your style catch wrestling and give no credit to bjj, you really can't be passing guard, since that doesn't exist in catch wrestling.

Eddie what do you think of werdums almost shamefull pleading for the reem to enter his guard? Phone Post

hey eddie thoughts on conor huens performance?

Yes pretty much Btw thought conor showed the best use of rubber guard inthe first rd of his fight. Phone Post

EddieBravo - 
JM - Are you asking with an agenda?

Agenda?

All I know about catch is that it was around in the states way before BJJ, then it turned into Pro wrestling.

I heard that Catch rules didn't allow for guard work so that would mean no guard passing either, but that's just what I heard, I'm not 100% sure about it.

Is there any catch matches on youtube that shows non worked matches? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIGCTyUchaY&feature=player_embedded

^Embedding is disabled, but check that out.

Subbed Phone Post

EddieBravo -  If I'm not mistaken, isn't BJJ the same thing as Catch except with guard and guard passing?

If not, why?

And if not, when exactly did Catch ad guard work and guard passing to the system?

A pin is a win in most catch rules (bare in mind rules for matches changed vastly and there is not a single standard ruleset that defines "catch"). I'm not sure you can say an "official catch match".

So to have your back on the ground is a bad thing.

However, hookers would get in the 'guard' position at times and if the guy inside the 'guard' couldn't get the pin from there then he would indeed 'pass' the guard to get higher up the opponents body to facilitate the pin (or sub).

Due to the dangers of being on your back (in regards to catch rules) it wasn't a prevalent position (guys who ended on the bottom tended to try to end up face down rather than on their back) but it did happen.

No idea is original.

kying418 - I've always wondered the exact same thing.

If you are going to call your style catch wrestling and give no credit to bjj, you really can't be passing guard, since that doesn't exist in catch wrestling.
That's very silly. In the huge history of catch you don't think anyone ever fell into the position that BJJ call guard?

Eddie , Jimmy Lennon or Bruce buffer ? Phone Post

rockwell - 
EddieBravo -  If I'm not mistaken, isn't BJJ the same thing as Catch except with guard and guard passing?

If not, why?

A pin is a win in most catch rules (bare in mind rules for matches changed vastly and there is not a single standard ruleset that defines "catch"). I'm not sure you can say an "official catch match".

So to have your back on the ground is a bad thing.

However, hookers would get in the 'guard' position at times and if the guy inside the 'guard' couldn't get the pin from there then he would indeed 'pass' the guard to get higher up the opponents body to facilitate the pin (or sub).

Due to the dangers of being on your back (in regards to catch rules) it wasn't a prevalent position (guys who ended on the bottom tended to try to end up face down rather than on their back) but it did happen.

No idea is original.

The position I'm talking about is shown in the video clip at the 7minute mark

rockwell - 
kying418 - I've always wondered the exact same thing.

That's very silly. In the huge history of catch you don't think anyone ever fell into the position that BJJ call guard?

I don't think that's what he is suggesting. 

The guard isn't something that you would really practice in catch though right?

I live right next to Wigan... and guess what I do bjj!!! because there are more of us guys around.
You would think around here it would be full of catch guys! but there is only 1 guy that is good at it...... but I have to say he is prety good.